Notices

Menzerna & GT3

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 05:18 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Menzerna & GT3

I see alot of talk on this board about Zaino products, and while they provide a very nice finish and I have used them in the past, I figured I would demonstrate what a little known product line called Menzerna can produce.

My subject is a yellow GT3. The paint was machine polished with Menzerna Intensive Polish (IP). IP is a mild water based abrasive that leveled out the light marring and scratches on the top coat.

Next came Menzerna Final Polish (FP) applied by machine. FP, which is now FPII, is perhaps the finest final polish product I have ever used in 16 years as a professional auto detailer. It leaves a bright clean and clear finish and is super smooth and next to zero in abrasiveness.

The FP set up the finish for a hand application of Klasse All In One (AIO) which was then followed by Menzerna's polymer paint sealant called Full Molecular Jacket (FMJ). This does not give off a sterile "plastic" like appearance, as Zaino may at times give off, but rather it glows with the warmth of a carnauba paste wax.

Now many here may disagree with me, which is perfectly fine, I just hope you all enjoy the pictures

Anthony
Attached Images     
Old 11-18-2004, 10:45 AM
4re308
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My detailer also put the Menzerna on my 944 Turbo S and it absolutely looks amazing! He did the polish and then the Full Molecular Jacket. The stuff is amazing! If anyone in Atlanta wants to get the Menzerna treatment, you can call my master detailer Jim Thomas with On Site Shine @ 770 596 1471. Jim does the most incredible detail and wax job I have ever seen. PERIOD.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:30 AM
golf97
Advanced

lol that gt3 is hot anyways. but yea looks like a totally amazing shine, going to have to try it for sure.
Old 02-27-2005, 06:37 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the comments

Anthony
Old 04-14-2005, 10:27 AM
opass
Instructor

Hi Anthony,

What a beautiful work.

BTW what is the reason to apply AIO in between FPII and FMJ? Can you skip the AIO step? Did the IP and FP II pretty much prep the surface to perpect condition for LSP?

Regd,

Jacky (autopian)
Old 04-14-2005, 10:44 AM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by opass
Hi Anthony,

What a beautiful work.

BTW what is the reason to apply AIO in between FPII and FMJ? Can you skip AIO step? IP and FPII should already prep the surface to perpect condition for LSP.

Regd,

Jacky (autopian)
Hey Jacky....you get around eh? I just replied to yo over at Autopia

I love the look of FPII and yes I could of went right to the FMJ but I wanted to see how the AIO looked. It did seem to darken the yellow just a tad and it also seems to make a nice base for the FMJ.

I rarely use AIO now though as I prefer to use Optimum polish, then if needed FPII and then seal the paint.

Thanks also for the compliments,
Anthony
Old 04-14-2005, 08:06 PM
opass
Instructor

Thanks for sharing. I am thinking to order FMJ. It is on sales, $49 for 32 oz FMJ with High Gloss Acrylic Shield. Do you think I should buy IP, FPII & FMJ for self use / higher pay job while OCP and OCW for regular pay job / time limit ?

BTW have you use Poorboy's SSR polish?

I really like the idea of Optimum polish system (still waiting from shipper). If it works out for me, like cutting mult-polish steps + OCW fast apply method = hours of time saving.

Should I spend $100 for Menzerna products for high-end customers or my personal use?

Last edited by opass; 04-14-2005 at 08:21 PM.
Old 04-15-2005, 12:38 AM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Hello Jackey,

I would save your $100 and just go with the Optimum. Keep the Optimum for yourself and your high end customers. This way you get familiar with your product and will know what it can and can't do.

I have used all the Poorboy's products and I think the SSR line is very nice. I hate to sound like a broken record, but the Optimum polish will do the job of SSR 1 and 2 combined as well as IP and FPII combined. I am testing a polymer sealant right now for Optimum and if all goes well Optimum will have a well rounded line of products (Optimum compound is in the works also).

I am also using some Gliptone products and I am really impressed by their paste wax and QD.

So save the money and buy the Opt. Polish, tire dressing and int. protectant

Anthony
Old 04-15-2005, 02:14 AM
opass
Instructor

Originally Posted by Anthony Orosco
Hello Jackey,

the Optimum polish will do the job of SSR 1 and 2 combined as well as IP and FPII combined. I am testing a polymer sealant right now for Optimum and if all goes well Optimum will have a well rounded line of products (Optimum compound is in the works also).

I am also using some Gliptone products and I am really impressed by their paste wax and QD.

So save the money and buy the Opt. Polish, tire dressing and int. protectant

Anthony
Hello Anthony,

That's very good news. Seem like Optimum cover from light to medium polish area. I know you mention about OCP have cutting power of 1,500 if use by wool pad, however, I am still little nervious about using wool pad at this moment. Can you suggest other compound? Power Gloss? SSR 3?

I had used Sonux SFX1 with pc before, but it does not work well with 9227C. Kind of dry up too fast above 1200 rpm.

BTW just bought Rigid 4050 5hp vaccum. That machine really know how to suck.

I am using LC and Sonux pads now. Wash mitts are BHB and MF. Any other better foam pads that can recommand?

Thanks.

Regd,

Jacky
Old 04-15-2005, 10:16 AM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Actually a wool pad is safer than foam cutting or foam polishing pads. Foam runs hotter, hence more likely to do damage with foam.

Foam finishing pads, which are of a softer and more flexiable foam, are generally fairly safe to use and do not generate alot of heat.

Most modern clear coats though respond well to a fine polishing pad and a finishing pad. Rarely do I need to use a wool pad or even a foam cutting pad on a clear coat paint. I would not use wool or even cutting pads with a PC as this may only cause more marring in the paint, especially if you use it with an abrasive product.

I use LC pads alot and really like them but for me it's all about final polishing so I use the LC blue and black pads alot BUT I have found some new pads that are of an even finer texture than the LC pads. This company is small and just starting out and they are sending me samples of their pads to try out. I'll post up a review on Autopia, perhap seven here if anyone is interested, on my results....or rather the pads results

Later,
Anthony

Quick Reply: Menzerna & GT3