Notices

Invisible Bra!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2004, 09:16 PM
ehljags
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anthony's cost estimates are fairly standard. However, I had both cars (986 and 996) customed. The kits seemed to miss several areas which I felt were important. Cost ended up around $1000 per car, taking approximately 16 hours. I have heard of guys spending around $500, but have not sen any cars. I have also seen an Audi TT with the entire car covered (cost over $2000) -- very impressive.

Most rock/debris hits can be buffed out (elbow grease and Plexis works very well). I had one hunk of stuff hit the lower bumper cover while driving in 3-digits; it actually made a slight tear (~1 mm) in the polyurthane -- zip damage to the paint!!
Old 12-09-2004, 05:39 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

something to keep in mind with clear bra:

Many concourse purists won't want it because it is not how the car came from the factory..

3M material must be stretched to fit and sometimes those stretch areas can be seen easier on a dark car (dark blue and black for example)... some people never see any marks while others "extreme concourse folks" will see every slight imperfection...

If you concourse your car, and it is silver, you most likely will love the 3m clear bra BUT if you know every factory paint imperfection mark on your car and it bothers you (and your car is black), Clear Bra probably isn't for you!

Quick Reply: Invisible Bra!