Porter Cable 7424

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 04:24 PM
Dudley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Porter Cable 7424

I bought the PC Polisher 9 months ago, as well as the assorted pads and polishes. I bought a tool box just for the Polisher and accessories and placed my "miracle kit" on my tool bench. Occassionally, I would open my kit, put on different pads and dial the polisher speeds up and down but I never put pad to car.
I had always detailed my Cab by hand, slowly polishing out a few swirl marks, here and there. I read the testimonials in praise of the PC but I knew if something could go wrong - it would for me.
Well, last Sunday I pulled out my brand new PC, put on a white pad, and squirted a little 3M Swirl Mark Remover. I put the pad to the car on a very slow speed and worked over a small area. I wiped off the haze and no damage. A little more SMR, a little more speed and the swirl marks are starting to fade!!! No way - I look again - closely. Yes- I was doing it and it was looking pretty good.

The rest of the morning I spent polishing, swapping pads and switching over to 3M Glaze. Wow. I have never been able to produce this much shine before. I still can not believe how easy and fool proof it was.

I finished up with 3 coats each of Zaino 5 and Zaino 2 with FX.

Quick Reply: Porter Cable 7424