Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2024, 01:48 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 777 Likes on 409 Posts

Originally Posted by TBK911
Moe, my car was recently ceramic coated and I've heard about using a finishing or touch up product after washes. Can you recommend one or two? And how often to use? Every wash? I try not to wash my car too much, especially if it's not very dirty.
excellent question and one that I hear often

The benefits of ceramic coating, when a quality coating is applied correctly, are now proven and seen by many

the coating still need proper care and maintenance and a ceramic spray sealant after a wash will prolong the life of a coating dramatically

we use the CQuartz coatings from CarPro and my favorite post wash spray is Reload or Release

I like Reload for a stout reviving of the coating. With Reload, prep is key and making sure you take your time and apply/wipe methodically as to not induce high spots is key

Release is a user-friendly ceramic spray sealant with carnauba…such an amazing intersection of new/old

I use Relase after every wash
The following 2 users liked this post by MoeMistry:
TBK911 (08-27-2024), vg247 (08-29-2024)
Old 08-27-2024, 02:36 PM
TBK911
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by MoeMistry
excellent question and one that I hear often

The benefits of ceramic coating, when a quality coating is applied correctly, are now proven and seen by many

the coating still need proper care and maintenance and a ceramic spray sealant after a wash will prolong the life of a coating dramatically

we use the CQuartz coatings from CarPro and my favorite post wash spray is Reload or Release

I like Reload for a stout reviving of the coating. With Reload, prep is key and making sure you take your time and apply/wipe methodically as to not induce high spots is key

Release is a user-friendly ceramic spray sealant with carnauba…such an amazing intersection of new/old

I use Relase after every wash
Awesome. Thank you

Edit: Reload ain't cheap!?

Last edited by TBK911; 08-27-2024 at 02:41 PM.
Old 08-27-2024, 03:50 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 357 Likes on 158 Posts

Awesome. Thank you

It's worth it!
The following users liked this post:
MoeMistry (08-30-2024)
Old 08-29-2024, 07:20 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,231 Likes on 2,205 Posts

Originally Posted by MoeMistry
1. Great question and it’s frankly an individual choice. Some owners would think that’s small and ppf did the job and want to get some more life out of it

Knowing how meticulously you care for your Porsche, I think over time, those areas would bother you

If you were my client, I’d recommend a replacement

2. Yes, I’ve seen original paint pull, but NOT on a Porsche. Ferrari 360/430 rockers and bumpers were notorious for paint lifting

but if done properly, going slow/using steam/and pulling at correct angle, the risk can be mitigated and a successful removal achieved

3. when the risk of doing the removal will mean a repaint, it comes down to your comfort level. It’s not to say a professional won’t lift paint removing ppf, but his/her muscle memory is far better because of the experience they have as their core competency

finding the right installer is the key though. You want to “feel” their confidence and the good ones will put your mind at ease
Thanks Moe. Really appreciate the reply. My other concern was removing replacing film multiple times on a panel could have a higher likelihood of pulling paint, but after talking with a couple people, it sounds like that isn't likely. Thanks again, have a great Labor Day.
MoeMistry (08-30-2024)
Old 08-29-2024, 07:21 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Awesome. Thank you

Agree that Reload is amazing. I've been using it for 10+ years. Great product.
Old 08-30-2024, 02:43 AM
GTSGO!
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bxstr
Agree that Reload is amazing. I've been using it for 10+ years. Great product.
I've had good luck with Elixir after every wash and Reload every 6 months
BerryS (09-28-2024)
Old 08-30-2024, 10:53 AM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 777 Likes on 409 Posts

You guys should try CarPro Release for routine maintenance after a wash
Old 09-25-2024, 09:03 AM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Moe - one more for you. Took an early morning drive near the lake a couple weeks ago, it then rained heavily before I could get back home. Came back, wiped off bugs from front bumper XPEL Ultimate PPF (Fusion Coating on top) as I always do, one or two of them had started to stain the film. Two pics below. Have tried TarX, IronX, 90% IPA, it still remains. Do I step up to something stronger? I know I've seen XPEL use lacquer thinner to remove spray paint residue, but maybe this is permanently stained? Of course replacement of this piece is an option too, but on a repainted front bumper and having removed film from a repainted front bumper before, I know chance of lifting is increased which I don't want to deal with. This is a "1-2 foot problem, if I know where to look", but obviously would prefer it to not be there. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Ask Moe 2.0