Notices

Ceramic Booster?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2024, 06:16 AM
vg247
Pro

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Ceramic Booster?

With so many products out there, what are you all recommending as a ceramic booster spray over a professionally ceramic coated car? TIA
Old 03-05-2024, 07:50 PM
BudgetPlan1
Instructor

Received 185 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by vg247
With so many products out there, what are you all recommending as a ceramic booster spray over a professionally ceramic coated car? TIA
Have tried a slew of them over the years on a variety of coatings. My favorites for performance, looks and ease of use:
  1. Kamikaze Overcoat – The latest 5.x release is simply sensational. A bit of anti-static properties, easy to use, glass-like gloss, anti-fouling and stunning water behavior.
  2. Polish Angel Cosmic Spritz - All around, a real treat and highly entertaining.
  3. Polish Angel High Gloss Spritz – This is a definite ‘max-gloss/reflectivity’ choice.
The following 3 users liked this post by BudgetPlan1:
BoxKing (04-14-2024), Esoteric_Detail (05-20-2024), vg247 (03-05-2024)
Old 03-06-2024, 12:03 AM
vg247
Pro

Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1
Have tried a slew of them over the years on a variety of coatings. My favorites for performance, looks and ease of use:
  1. Kamikaze Overcoat – The latest 5.x release is simply sensational. A bit of anti-static properties, easy to use, glass-like gloss, anti-fouling and stunning water behavior.
  2. Polish Angel Cosmic Spritz - All around, a real treat and highly entertaining.
  3. Polish Angel High Gloss Spritz – This is a definite ‘max-gloss/reflectivity’ choice.
This is terrific, thanks so much for your feedback. I’ve heard a lot about Kamikaze 5.2 as a ceramic booster, and was going to give that a try, along with Gtechniq ceramic sealant and Gyeon Quartz Cure.

Will have to look into the Polish Angel products you listed as well.

I did notice Kamikaze is twice to 3x costly as the other products, did you find it that much more superior to justify the cost?
Old 03-06-2024, 06:46 AM
BudgetPlan1
Instructor

This is terrific, thanks so much for your feedback. I’ve heard a lot about Kamikaze 5.2 as a ceramic booster, and was going to give that a try, along with Gtechniq ceramic sealant and Gyeon Quartz Cure.

I did notice Kamikaze is twice to 3x costly as the other products, did you find it that much more superior to justify the cost?
For me, the value is there w Kamikaze & POLISHANGEL but value is kinda a personal judgement for everyone.

A 300ml bottle of Kamikaze lasts me about 2 years using every 6-8 weeks after a wash, same w POLISHANGEL and their 500ml bottles.

The Gtechniq C2V3 was very average/mundane…self-cleaning aspects were poor. Gyeon Cure was a streaky PITA to use unless cut 50/50 with distilled water. Gyeon’s newer Ceramic Detailer is much nicer IMO.

Some of the others I’ve tried:
  1. SPS Graphene Detailer
  2. 22ple Final Coat VS1
  3. IGL Premier
  4. Feynlab Ceramic Spray Sealant
  5. TAC Moonlight/Gyeon CanCoat kind of coating-lite products
  6. Gyeon Cure
  7. CarPro Reload
  8. HydroSilex Recharge
  9. Nanolex SiFinish
  10. Gtechniq Liquid Crystal C2V3
  11. Ethos Defy
  12. NV Nova Jet
  13. NV Nova Lustre

Like anything, personal preference plays a part in what works best for each individual.
The following users liked this post:
vg247 (03-06-2024)
Old 03-06-2024, 09:08 AM
vg247
Pro

For me, the value is there w Kamikaze & POLISHANGEL but value is kinda a personal judgement for everyone.

A 300ml bottle of Kamikaze lasts me about 2 years using every 6-8 weeks after a wash, same w POLISHANGEL and their 500ml bottles.

The Gtechniq C2V3 was very average/mundane…self-cleaning aspects were poor. Gyeon Cure was a streaky PITA to use unless cut 50/50 with distilled water. Gyeon’s newer Ceramic Detailer is much nicer IMO.

Some of the others I’ve tried:
  1. SPS Graphene Detailer
  2. 22ple Final Coat VS1
  3. IGL Premier
  4. Feynlab Ceramic Spray Sealant
  5. TAC Moonlight/Gyeon CanCoat kind of coating-lite products
  6. Gyeon Cure
  7. CarPro Reload
  8. HydroSilex Recharge
  9. Nanolex SiFinish
  10. Gtechniq Liquid Crystal C2V3
  11. Ethos Defy
  12. NV Nova Jet
  13. NV Nova Lustre

Like anything, personal preference plays a part in what works best for each individual.
I’m very grateful for all your suggestions, and believe we have the same goals with these products for our cars. I will order both the Kamikaze Overcoat 5.2 and also the Polish Angel “High” Gloss.

It was really helpful also that you provided how long each of them lasted since I know many have an expiration dates/or a use by date once opened.

And I tend to spray more of a product than I should. I have a 997, 992, and my wife has a Tesla S and MY that are all professionally ceramic coated over PPF, where myself as a novice detailer would be using these products on. Will start with ordering 3 bottles of each in the order, as I’d hate to run out in the middle of a project.

Thank you for taking the time above and sharing your most valuable feedback.
Old 03-07-2024, 03:29 AM
BudgetPlan1
Instructor

I’m very grateful for all your suggestions, and believe we have the same goals with these products for our cars. I will order both the Kamikaze Overcoat 5.2 and also the Polish Angel “High” Gloss.

It was really helpful also that you provided how long each of them lasted since I know many have an expiration dates/or a use by date once opened.

And I tend to spray more of a product than I should. I have a 997, 992, and my wife has a Tesla S and MY that are all professionally ceramic coated over PPF, where myself as a novice detailer would be using these products on. Will start with ordering 3 bottles of each in the order, as I’d hate to run out in the middle of a project.

Thank you for taking the time above and sharing your most valuable feedback.
👍 Happy to share experiences! Remember, “less is more” with products like this. A spritz or 2 in the towel per panel or 1/2 a hood will do just fine!

More isn’t always better!
vg247 (03-07-2024)
Old 04-11-2024, 02:54 AM
SDcarguy
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

👍 Happy to share experiences! Remember, “less is more” with products like this. A spritz or 2 in the towel per panel or 1/2 a hood will do just fine!

More isn’t always better!
@BudgetPlan1 Have you tried the quick detailer from Kamikaze? I was looking for a post maintenance wash topper and it looked really interesting. My list to try is Kamikaze, Amplify and Release based on @MoeMistry suggestion. I previously used Beadmaker and it seemed to adversely affect my ceramic coat.
Old 04-11-2024, 05:14 AM
BudgetPlan1
Instructor

Originally Posted by SDcarguy
@BudgetPlan1 Have you tried the quick detailer from Kamikaze? I was looking for a post maintenance wash topper and it looked really interesting. My list to try is Kamikaze, Amplify and Release based on @MoeMistry suggestion. I previously used Beadmaker and it seemed to adversely affect my ceramic coat.
I have the Kami Quick Detailer on the shelf as well. You can think of it sort of as an Over Coat Liquid ‘Lite’ type of deal. It has some * light * water spot removal characteristics in its formula, handy on occasion.

if you like to apply something after each wash, the Kami QD fits the bill. I usually just skip it and use Over Coat Liquid every 6 washes/weeks or so as it is ‘functionally superior’ for my situation/preferences.

Beadmaker is a rather weak polymer sealant that, despite its name doesn’t really have great water behavior characteristics. Using it over a coating is a step backwards with regards to the beneficial properties of a coating. Using it on a quality coating is somewhat akin to throwing a tattered, stinky blanket over your silk sheets. Folks like its slickness but slickness is, overall, completely irrelevant to how well a coating works.
SDcarguy (04-11-2024)
Old 04-11-2024, 01:08 PM
SDcarguy
Intermediate

Thanks for the tips!
BudgetPlan1 (04-12-2024)
Old 04-14-2024, 07:23 AM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Received 839 Likes on 479 Posts

Another tip, dont use all 3 products on one car unless you completely reset the ceramic before each use prior to applying. Layering products will dilute the layer, giving you mixed results, with uneven product characteristics throughout the entire car. As stated 1-2 sprays per panel; though I tend to do a more liberal 2-3/panel upon first application, then the 1-2/panel for maintenance ever 2nd-3rd wash.

Both PA & Kamikaze are both great, and worth the extra coin. Again, these bottles go a long was if you adhere to “less is more”. I also buy plant mister spray bottles which extends the life of these bottles even further. As far as application goes with these two, Kamikaze wins, and is the overall winner in terms of performance. I found PA to require a little more work-in time… not a big deal as the juice is worth the squeeze.

Currently Im using Kamikaze, thats applied over EXOv5, applied over full PPF (no ceramic coat).
The following 2 users liked this post by BoxKing:
BudgetPlan1 (04-14-2024), vg247 (04-14-2024)
Old 04-14-2024, 09:11 AM
GoTime
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 51 Posts

+1 for carpro reload
Old 05-05-2024, 10:10 PM
weberlukas74
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I like GTechniq C2v3. It's super easy to use and it keeps my car shiny for a long time. CarPro Reload is also good, giving a shiny look and repelling water.
vg247 (05-06-2024)
Old 05-06-2024, 12:46 AM
vg247
Pro

Originally Posted by BoxKing
Another tip, dont use all 3 products on one car unless you completely reset the ceramic before each use prior to applying. Layering products will dilute the layer, giving you mixed results, with uneven product characteristics throughout the entire car. As stated 1-2 sprays per panel; though I tend to do a more liberal 2-3/panel upon first application, then the 1-2/panel for maintenance ever 2nd-3rd wash.

Both PA & Kamikaze are both great, and worth the extra coin. Again, these bottles go a long was if you adhere to “less is more”. I also buy plant mister spray bottles which extends the life of these bottles even further. As far as application goes with these two, Kamikaze wins, and is the overall winner in terms of performance. I found PA to require a little more work-in time… not a big deal as the juice is worth the squeeze.

Currently Im using Kamikaze, thats applied over EXOv5, applied over full PPF (no ceramic coat).

You and Budget Plan are spot on, thanks so much for all the feedback.
The following 2 users liked this post by vg247:
BoxKing (05-06-2024), BudgetPlan1 (05-06-2024)
Old 05-19-2024, 08:05 PM
SDcarguy
Intermediate

Default Use with cQuartz Finest

I have the Kami Quick Detailer on the shelf as well. You can think of it sort of as an Over Coat Liquid ‘Lite’ type of deal. It has some * light * water spot removal characteristics in its formula, handy on occasion.

if you like to apply something after each wash, the Kami QD fits the bill. I usually just skip it and use Over Coat Liquid every 6 washes/weeks or so as it is ‘functionally superior’ for my situation/preferences.

Beadmaker is a rather weak polymer sealant that, despite its name doesn’t really have great water behavior characteristics. Using it over a coating is a step backwards with regards to the beneficial properties of a coating. Using it on a quality coating is somewhat akin to throwing a tattered, stinky blanket over your silk sheets. Folks like its slickness but slickness is, overall, completely irrelevant to how well a coating works.
Do you happen to have any experience with Overcoat and cQuartz Finest? I picked up some Overcoat 5.2 from Esoteric, but am finding it a bit tricked to use. It’s probably user error, but it doesn’t seem as easy to use as Polish Angel or Reload. I’m wondering if Overcoat just doesn’t play well with cQuartz. Thanks.
Old 05-19-2024, 08:38 PM
vg247
Pro

Originally Posted by SDcarguy
Do you happen to have any experience with Overcoat and cQuartz Finest? I picked up some Overcoat 5.2 from Esoteric, but am finding it a bit tricked to use. It’s probably user error, but it doesn’t seem as easy to use as Polish Angel or Reload. I’m wondering if Overcoat just doesn’t play well with cQuartz. Thanks.
what challenges did you have with the Overcoat 5.2? I haven’t had a chance to use mine yet , as it’s on the list for end of this month’s detailing on my 997.2 which only has ceramic coating and front clip ppf.

i have used the PA on the 992 and it makes the Gentian Blue just pop. This car has complete ppf and ceramic coating, so the PA went over those as a topper.

Last edited by vg247; 05-19-2024 at 08:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Ceramic Booster?