Notices

Road rash removal

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2023, 02:15 PM
jsdinky
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Road rash removal

Any product a DIYer can do to remove or minimize this road rash?
Old 11-27-2023, 11:27 AM
95_993
Race Car

Received 556 Likes on 377 Posts

I have had good success with Dr Colorchip
Old 11-28-2023, 07:30 PM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Received 840 Likes on 480 Posts

Agree with use of Dr Color Chip, but first you’d want to remove some of the clear coat surface marring by using a light polishing compound.
Sonax Perfect Finish, CarPro Reflect, or any like substitute from you local auto supply store.

Wipe the area clean first, apply some product into a semi-plush microfiber - I prefer around 350GSM, and work in circular motions. This should remove most of the unsightly rash that you’re seeing, but know when to call it quits, as there is no way you can remove it all. Then fill in the rest with Dr. Color Chip. Wont be perfect, but you will be much happier with the results, and this shouldn’t take more than an hour or two.

Last edited by BoxKing; 12-06-2023 at 07:03 PM.
Old 12-04-2023, 05:30 PM
Kornelia
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BoxKing
Agree with use of Dr Color Chip, but first you’d want to remove some of the clear coat surface marring by using a light polishing compound.
Sonax Perfect Finish, CarPro Reflect, or any like substitute from you local auto supply store.

Wipe the area clean first, apply some product into a semi-plush microfiber - I prefer around 350GSM, and work in circular motions. This should remove most of the unsightly rash that you’re seeing, but no when to call it quits, as there is no way you can remove it all. Then fill in the rest with Dr. Color Chip. Wont be perfect, but you will be much happier with the results, and this shouldn’t take more than an hour or two.

Great recommendations should also I try to use Dr Color chip

Quick Reply: Road rash removal