Notices

Dr. Colorchip

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2022 | 01:09 PM
tmarino
Rennlist Member

Default Dr. Colorchip

I had a few small spots on the care that have been there for about a year, not noticeable to those not intentional looking, but I knew they were there. I picked a new one up after 2 years and said, 'What the hell', I might as well fix them. I researched this forum in particular and found overwhelming success with the Dr. Colorchip products line, so I ordered a kit. I did all three spots yesterday, over the course of the afternoon and early evening as it was a rainy day, and did four passes on each spot, giving a 2 hour dry time between coats. I couldn't be happier with the final result! From 2-3 ft. I can't even find them and I know where they are. Most of them almost leveled out and if you were really **** a few more passes would bring them up to flush. Maybe I'll screw with them someday if I have nothing better to do!

All in all, I highly recommend this product as you will not be disappointed. PIcs of one of the chips on the B Pillar are attached.

Tom in VA

1st Pass

2nd Pass

3rd Pass

Final Result
The following 2 users liked this post by tmarino:
BudgetPlan1 (07-20-2022), Chris MI 987 (08-05-2022)
Old 07-17-2022 | 01:18 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Great work! Did you use the seal-act blending solution to level the paint?
Old 07-17-2022 | 02:12 PM
tmarino
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bxstr
Great work! Did you use the seal-act blending solution to level the paint?
Yep, used on each pass. Waited about 5 minutes to level and then about 2 hrs to dry.

Quick Reply: Dr. Colorchip