Notices

Applied Dura-Dressing on tires . . .

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2021, 12:31 PM
mamizana
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Applied Dura-Dressing on tires . . .

Yes, fb's algorithms are relentlessly pounding me with car care . . and I've cracked on a few products so far. The Windshied WOW . . . and now, Dura-Dressing.

First, the Windshield WOW . . . just go and get it. If anything, it'll pay for itself in chiropractor visits. It may not be perfect, but it gets you 90% there when cleaning the inside of your hard to reach / raked glass - unless you drive a Jeep with vertical window squares.

Next, Dura-Dressing. OK, so as of this writing, I've applied it (one $39.99 kit) to 3 sets of tires -- my daily-driver + the winter tires for my daily (that haven't been mounted yet) and now, my 944. I've since put ~150 miles on my daily, w/ heavy rain and 2 car washes. So far, so good. But to be honest, its definitely not as shiny as it was on Day 1. But that's actually ok with me, because I'm not the drippy, greasy tire shine guy. I like my tires with more of a satin sheen. So, if the current state is truly the fully cured state (yes, the stuff needs to cure), and if it stays that way for 6 months, I'll be very happy.

If you move forward with Dura-Dressing . . . DEFINITELY ensure your tires are 100% clean and dry. The prep is explained in the instructions, with several reminders about fully cleaning the tire before application of the dressing. I cleaned each tire 3-4 times over the course of 2 days. Yes, a lot of work. But if this stuff doesn't stand up, I can be certain its not because I didn't clean the #$%@ out of the tires as instructed.

Here are some pics of the process . . .

Before cleaning

Rinse before spraying w/cleaner

Cleaner applied

Scrubbed/dirty foam

Rinse dirt

Scrubbed/white foam (repeat until you see white foam)

Final rinse

Dry, ready for dressing

Dressed

Dressed

Done

The 944 should last a long time, considering when / how often I drive. So I'll soon post a few pics of my daily (before v dressed v current) so you can see the performance of this stuff.

Many happy miles, Rennlisters.

Matt

Last edited by mamizana; 10-17-2021 at 12:35 PM.
The following users liked this post:
XLR82XS (10-18-2021)
Old 10-18-2021, 03:03 PM
XLR82XS
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 676 Likes on 446 Posts

Dura dressing HQ is in my city. AWESOME product!

Quick Reply: Applied Dura-Dressing on tires . . .