Notices

PPF, how to take care of it? polish? iron remover? bug/tar remover? Wax?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2021, 03:12 AM
yoda888
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Default PPF, how to take care of it? polish? iron remover? bug/tar remover? Wax?

I did some searching but couldn't find what I was looking for.

The full front of my 991 was PPF'd by the previous owner. How should I go about taking care of it? I'm actually surprised I can't find anything on this. Can I:
  • use bug/tar remover?
  • polish?
  • iron remover spray?
  • clay?
What are some of the things I should be aware of? I assume wax is completely fine, but what about the others?
Old 08-10-2021, 10:11 AM
BudgetPlan1
Instructor

Received 180 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by yoda888
I did some searching but couldn't find what I was looking for.

The full front of my 991 was PPF'd by the previous owner. How should I go about taking care of it? I'm actually surprised I can't find anything on this. Can I:
  • use bug/tar remover?
  • polish?
  • iron remover spray?
  • clay?
What are some of the things I should be aware of? I assume wax is completely fine, but what about the others?
Some thoughts on the matter:

Before you replace your paint protection film, WATCH THIS! | FAQ series by ESOTERIC!:

How to polish paint protection film? PPF Renew by Gyeon:

Can also give Gyeon PPF wash a try, has a bit of Iron Remover in it Don't spill it in the house as being an Iron Remover, it stinks and you will pay the price when other folks in the house get wind of it :lol:

Q2M PPF WASH

Q²M PPF WASH is an effective decontamination shampoo that can dissolve mild iron deposit from any automotive film & paint without the need to clay.

SAFE & SLICK
While being effective against metal contamination on polyurethane film, Q²M PPF Wash remains a safe shampoo on all exterior surfaces. Its formula ensures generous suds for a slick wash routine on the rest of your vehicle, coated or not.

EASY TO USE
Q²M PPF Wash is a 3 in 1 product - it will clean, decontaminate & restore initial properties of your PPF or vinyl film. It might be used as foam or a traditional shampoo - make it a versatile maintenance solution for your vehicle.
I've not needed to go any farther maintaining our PPF'd cars ...yet (1 w/ STEK Dynoshield, 1 with XPEL); they were both coated after PPF and I just maintain w/ occasional applications of Polish Angel Spritzes (Cosmic and High Gloss) after a wash.
The following users liked this post:
Esoteric_Detail (08-11-2021)

Quick Reply: PPF, how to take care of it? polish? iron remover? bug/tar remover? Wax?