Notices

Microfiber ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 09:31 PM
cranky
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Microfiber ?'s

Bought a microfiber towel and need some info on it's use. The package contained few instructions except to say that the towel is great for removing wax. Is this true? Do you need to wax more frequently if you dry with microfiber towels? How often, on average, should you wash the towel? When you wash it are there special instructions? I am hoping to switch from cotton to microfiber and save space and time. Are top detailers using these kind of towels? TIA
Old 03-01-2004, 07:39 PM
Robert_H
Pro

There is a new product called Micro-Restore (http://www.microfibertech.com/microRestore.html), but I have not used it. I just wait until I have a large load of microfiber towels to wash and then just toss them into the washer. Pretty much any detergent seems to do.

I think most, if not all pro detailers now use microfiber. I love using them.

Rob
Old 03-05-2004, 11:55 AM
jz993
Racer

I'm using a mf towel for drying. I'm sure you can use them for wax removal, but I don't since I only have the 1 towel presently. I like them for glass, too, since you just use water, you don't need expensive glass cleaner to elim. streaks.
Old 03-11-2004, 01:05 PM
mick
Racer

MF towels are great for drying your car. I am told the experts use themf or removing wax as well. I find them more difficult to use than 100% cotton. They seem to drag more. I assume this is because they have so much more surface in each thread. I cant tell any difference once the job is complete, but I think the MF towels are supposed to prevent swirl marks. As far as cleaning, I too just wait till I have a bunch and throw them in the washer with any detergent. I would avoid drying with other towels as my experience is they then come out with a heavy fuzz that is impossible to get off. Good luck. If nothing else they are great for drying your car. Mick
Old 03-12-2004, 11:11 PM
targatime
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default cleaning mircos

I've read that you aren't supposed to use fabric softner with these ...has anyone else heard that.

Also...I've heard that wax removal should be done with dedicated towels from drying ones. I am going to try some color coded ones to keep them orgainized.
Old 03-16-2004, 02:08 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 315 Likes on 140 Posts

Using a fabric softener will keep the towels, mf or cotton, from absorbing water when drying your car. I still use 100% cooton towels to dry the car after washing, but only use mf when waxing.
It sounds a little confusing when you read ads that say mf towels are great for removing wax. They are great for removing the wax residue when you are waxing you car, but mf towels won't remove wax that has been on the car for awhile.
Old 04-13-2004, 04:32 PM
KeithR3
Pro

Cranky,

After each use I wash the MF with liquid laundry detergent, then hang dry. A dryer will shorten the like of a MF. As far as drying your car, use MF drying towels, I believe one towel can hold a gallon of water. I usually use a wiper blade then follow it up with a MF drying towels. The MF drying towel I use is great and I only need to wring it out once for the entire car. Using the towel does not mean you have to wax more. The more you wash the car the more likely you are striping the wax, the type of wax you use is also a factor. Have you tried Zaino?

PM and hook you to an individual that sells them at a great price. Better yet e-mail me Kracelis@selectsearch.com
Old 04-13-2004, 04:33 PM
KeithR3
Pro

Targa,

Do not use fabric softeners on MF towels, it has an effect to their use.

Quick Reply: Microfiber ?'s