Notices

XPEL PPF how to wash, detail, etc....

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2019, 09:56 PM
mile2424
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 55 Posts
Default XPEL PPF how to wash, detail, etc....

I’m sure this has been discussed multiple times, but what does everyone recommend for cleaning techniques, washing etc? Normal washing techniques? I know XPEL sells some of their own cleaning products as well. Do you wax on top of PPF? Appreciate all the help. Looking at a car that already has a PPF installed so wanted to understand the upkeep and how to keep it nice.
Old 07-09-2019, 07:05 PM
Envious Eric
Former Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Replied on your other forum post...

But wash as normal
use a spray sealant or wax at least once a month (spray coatings better)
stay away from edges with a pressure washer
remove grime asap
Old 07-09-2019, 07:42 PM
XPEL
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 70 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Yes

Originally Posted by mile2424
I’m sure this has been discussed multiple times, but what does everyone recommend for cleaning techniques, washing etc? Normal washing techniques? I know XPEL sells some of their own cleaning products as well. Do you wax on top of PPF? Appreciate all the help. Looking at a car that already has a PPF installed so wanted to understand the upkeep and how to keep it nice.
One of the very best ways to maintain any PPF is to have a Ceramic Coating applied on top of the film itself. The video below from YouTuber Engineering Explained (2.2 million subscribers) goes in depth on the benefits of a ceramic coating and how they work on PPF.

To answer your question of can you wax on top of PPF? Yes. Absolutely. Just be sure not to use anything that contains a petroleum distillate in it such as naphtha or kerosene. Other than that, you can use anything you like. We also have a Ceramic Boost Spray that is a great product to use to maintain your PPF. Think of it as a replacement for wax and more similar to a spray wax as far as the application goes. XPEL Ceramic Boost helps protect your film and paint by sealing the surface with a micro-thin layer of protection to help resist debris and contaminates, while repelling dust and lint. It will even give your finish a nice shine and make it a little hydrophobic. The Ceramic Boost can be used on PPF, paint, glass, and wheels.

To purchase a bottle or to learn more, Click Here.

The following users liked this post:
SFOJAM (08-28-2019)
Old 07-17-2019, 07:56 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 305 Posts

A friend who restores and details Porsches, but does not do ceramic, recommends JaxWax Wrap Star for PPF.
It works well for me.
The following users liked this post:
scr1244 (04-15-2020)
Old 07-17-2019, 08:28 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 684 Likes on 377 Posts

Just like paint

Quick Reply: XPEL PPF how to wash, detail, etc....