Notices

Installed a water softener and if you think you can't think again

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 12:59 PM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Received 1,083 Likes on 589 Posts
Default Installed a water softener and if you think you can't think again

Finally got my water softener installed and I will never be without one again. Because my water service also handles my sprinklers, I could not easily do ALL the water.

I put one inside servicing only the hot water line before it goes to my tankless water heater. I have a hot spigot coming right off the softener to my garage so I have hot, soft water for my cars and motorcycles as well as the hot lines throughout my home.

In addition to the help detailing cars and bikes, it will extend the life of my other appliances and keep the pipes and faucets clearer, and I use 50% of the soap I used to use.

If you are on septic like I am, you can run potassium instead of salt. I would use potassium anyway. It costs beans to operate.

The best part is not worrying as much about getting my Porsche cabriolet top wet and a reduction of spots. Bought mine at www.discountwatersofteners.com Culligan and others were 2 times the price. Or more.
Old 06-13-2018, 02:43 PM
2K7TTMIA
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

hopefully you aren't washing your car(s) with a microfiber mitt. You're better off using ONR. Also, you may want to check the water hardness (ppm) of the water that you wash your car(s) with. thats the proof that you are not causing micro scratching of the clearcoat.
Old 06-13-2018, 03:23 PM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 2K7TTMIA
hopefully you aren't washing your car(s) with a microfiber mitt. You're better off using ONR. Also, you may want to check the water hardness (ppm) of the water that you wash your car(s) with. thats the proof that you are not causing micro scratching of the clearcoat.
What is ONR?
Old 06-13-2018, 06:24 PM
2K7TTMIA
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Optimum No rinse. And it was mentioned in another thread; a RO system would be good too.
Old 06-16-2018, 12:59 AM
_RS_
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 62 Posts

Thanks for the post and link, Upscale. I have thought about one for a long time, and each time it's brought up I go and look again.
As for ONR, OR, I guess we both need to go to acronym school.
TTFN
Old 06-18-2018, 04:47 PM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 2K7TTMIA
Optimum No rinse. And it was mentioned in another thread; a RO system would be good too.

I guess the Optimum No Rinse is the **** eh? I've never tried it.

Quick Reply: Installed a water softener and if you think you can't think again