Notices

First wash

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 09:10 PM
jdm5209
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First wash

Picked up my car (2014 Black Panamera Turbo) just after Christmas. Drove home from out of state in the Midwest. Needless to say, it needs a wash.

Ive only ever done the old fashioned single bucket, soap, sponge, leather chamois, etc. I’ve doing some reading here I picked up some ONR, a second bucket, some new MF towels, waffle drying towel, etc from Autogeeks. Unfortunately, it probably won’t be here for another week (or maybe a little more).

Question is this. Should I:

a) just leave it dirty as is (pretty dirty, salt, etc) until the Autogeeks shipment gets in
b) take to coin wash/pressure type sprayer self serve wash and dry with chamois
c) take to “touchless” wash 😱
d) use the old single bucket technique in the (heated) garage with current supplies
Old 01-08-2018, 08:50 PM
porscherex
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Every time you touch the car it scratches it - swirl marks etc - which in turn dulls the paint. ( Black shows it the most). Chamois etc will scratch that black paint. Wait for the proper supplies. In the meantime study proper wash techniques using Autogeek tutorials.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:03 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Wait.

And order a MasterBlaster from Phil at Detailers Domain. Not all MBs are created equal. You want the extra long hose.

Quick Reply: First wash