Notices

Ceramic Pro / nano coating - How do you wash?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 08:39 PM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by wassy
@Detailed Design -I’m in South Florida and having front end ClearGuard Nano installed next week along with Modesta in full car. He gave me a brochure but I don’t see M2. I see BC-xx and he recommends BC-04 down here. Thoughts? Also doing wheels with same and something matte for the trim work. He said Porsche windshields seem to have a coating from factory that makes it Haley when they add ceramic. Suggestions?
M2 should be in-stock for him to supply to you. Please let me know if he does not as all Modesta installers are supposed to keep an inventory of maintenance products for their client's convenience.

BC-04 is likely Modesta's most popular coating. Coupled with CGN and you have a mega winner.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:18 AM
wassy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you
Old 08-26-2017, 12:33 PM
TOGWT
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Suggested method for coated surface washing

A totally waterless wash that provides some surface protection and its ideal for a quick clean up or for use when there is no water available (apartments, condominiums, Concours d’élégance or car shows) Simply spray Optimum Opti-Clean on any surface and wipe off with a plush microfiber towel till the area is clean and dry.

Always work in a shaded area on a surface that is cool to the touch. Make sure surface is not gritty with dirt or sand to avoid scratching. Optimum Opti™ - Clean water-less wash is designed to wipe away dirt and grime from automotive paint and other surfaces safely and effectively in a spray and wipe application. The substantive polymers encapsulate the dirt and grime to protect the paint from marring while lubricating and bonding to the painted and other automotive surfaces to provide greater protection while leaving a slick glossy finish behind.

Application-
Avoid cross-contamination by using different micro fibre towels for differing surfaces i.e. separate towels for glass, paintwork, wheels, and interior surfaces. Mix an aqueous solution Optimum (OPT) No Rinse™ Wash & Shine New Formula (ONR). diluted 1:3 with distilled water in a spray bottle and fold the towel into quarters.

Bodywork - Spray liberally on painted surfaces and wipe clean with an OPT Foam Wash Mitt or a plush microfiber towel. Fold and use a new section of the towel as needed. When there is heavy dirt build up, use Optimum Opti™ - Clean Concentrate

Glass surfaces - using a separate micro fibre towel apply one or two sprays and wipe off with a clean plush microfiber towel.

Wheels and lower paint panels - using a separate micro fibre towel, spray liberally and let it soak for a few seconds and then wipe off.

Road salt - to remove salt and road grit or to clean really soiled surfaces I would suggest a pre-rinse to remove the larger dirt particles first before being washed.

Then use the ONR concentrates or the traditional two-bucket wash method or if you have a pressure washer available to remove the larger dirt/salt particles.

The number of towels and how much product you'll use will vary depending on how dirty the vehicle is but an average is five (5) towels per vehicle.

“The Science behind Coatings” -
http://togwt1980.blogspot.co.uk/2015...-coatings.html
Old 08-26-2017, 04:16 PM
mikex25

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TOGWT
A totally waterless wash that provides some surface protection and its ideal for a quick clean up or for use when there is no water available (apartments, condominiums, Concours d’élégance or car shows) Simply spray Optimum Opti-Clean on any surface and wipe off with a plush microfiber towel till the area is clean and dry.

Always work in a shaded area on a surface that is
cool to the touch. Make sure surface is not gritty with dirt or sand to avoid scratching. Optimum Opti™ - Clean water-less wash is designed to wipe away dirt and grime from automotive paint and other surfaces safely and effectively in a spray and wipe application. The substantive polymers encapsulate the dirt and grime to protect the paint from marring while lubricating and bonding to the painted and other automotive surfaces to provide greater protection while leaving a slick glossy finish behind.

Application-
Avoid cross-contamination by using different micro fibre towels for differing surfaces i.e. separate towels for glass, paintwork, wheels, and interior surfaces. Mix an aqueous solution Optimum (OPT) No Rinse™ Wash & Shine New Formula (ONR). diluted 1:3 with distilled water in a spray bottle and fold the towel into quarters.

Bodywork - Spray liberally on painted surfaces and wipe clean with an OPT Foam Wash Mitt or a plush microfiber towel. Fold and use a new section of the towel as needed. When there is heavy dirt build up, use Optimum Opti™ - Clean Concentrate

Glass surfaces - using a separate micro fibre towel apply one or two sprays and wipe off with a clean plush microfiber towel.

Wheels and lower paint panels - using a separate micro fibre towel, spray liberally and let it soak for a few seconds and then wipe off.

Road salt - to remove salt and road grit or to clean really soiled surfaces I would suggest a pre-rinse to remove the larger dirt particles first before being washed.

Then use the ONR concentrates or the traditional two-bucket wash method or if you have a pressure washer available to remove the larger dirt/salt particles.

The number of towels and how much product you'll use will vary depending on how dirty the vehicle is but an average is five (5) towels per vehicle.

“The Science behind Coatings” -
http://togwt1980.blogspot.co.uk/2015...-coatings.html
With a coated car you don't want to use any products with gloss enhancers, because it will cause build up and eventually lose the hydrophobic properties on your coating.

optimum no rinse has gloss enhancers and a better product to use is ECH20 by car pro, because it is made to play nicely with coated cars.
Old 08-27-2017, 07:10 AM
Acquit808
Track Day

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

I had full paint correction on my 2015 GTS then coated with Modesta PD. The results are pretty epic. I use the waterless method when I clean the car and once every 4-6 months use Modesta M1Shot after.
Old 08-27-2017, 05:17 PM
mikex25

Originally Posted by Acquit808
I had full paint correction on my 2015 GTS then coated with Modesta PD. The results are pretty epic. I use the waterless method when I clean the car and once every 4-6 months use Modesta M1Shot after.
M1 is good stuff I heard but my installer told me they don't sell it to the general public anymore due to the difficulty in usage.
Old 08-28-2017, 03:06 PM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by mikex25
M1 is good stuff I heard but my installer told me they don't sell it to the general public anymore due to the difficulty in usage.
Many take a "more is better" approach and have used too much on a mf towel during application and it resulted in unnecessary streaks and too much product wasted. M2 Blast was created as an easier to use product that also carries a lower cost than M1. M2 is made specifically for the retail end user.
Old 08-28-2017, 04:22 PM
mikex25

Originally Posted by Detailed Designs
Many take a "more is better" approach and have used too much on a mf towel during application and it resulted in unnecessary streaks and too much product wasted. M2 Blast was created as an easier to use product that also carries a lower cost than M1. M2 is made specifically for the retail end user.
thats what my installer Premier in Fremont told me.

Quick Reply: Ceramic Pro / nano coating - How do you wash?