Notices

"GR Autogallery" in Grand Rapids - Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 06:26 PM
AH911
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "GR Autogallery" in Grand Rapids - Help Please

Hi everyone. I have just signed up after years of jumping in and out of the forum. I have always found it an informative site, full of passionate, knowledgeable, helpful members. So I finally decided to stop being a freebie scrounger and pay up.

I posted this in the 996 Forum, but someone suggested I might get a better/quicker response if I posted with a different title, so I thought I might as well try the regions part of the forum.

I have always been an air-cooled fan, but now I'm considering a 996 as a daily driver. They seem to offer great value, despite the conflicting, and to be honest confusing reports about the IMS/RMS issues.

I am considering a car for sale at GR Autogallery in Grand Rapids, MI. Does anyone have any experience of this dealer?

As an out of state buyer, I would obviously want to get a PPI done as the description/pictures sent by a dealer don't give a real feel for the car. I know that is one of the downsides of buying beyond reasonable travelling distance, you can't pop in and give it the once over (even as inexperienced as I may be, I do know a few basic things) before forking out money for a PPI. Do any of you have recommendations for who might give me a thorough PPI in the Grand Rapids area?

Finally I welcome any pointers/advice from anyone about the joys and perils of 996 ownership.

Thanks

Quick Reply: "GR Autogallery" in Grand Rapids - Help Please