Notices

Bodywork and Paint Recommendations in SE Michigan

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 02:55 PM
jspearin
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bodywork and Paint Recommendations in SE Michigan

I'm looking into purchasing a 1986 944 that will eventually need rust and dent repair as well as a complete respray. Does anyone here have any shop recommendations in the SE Michigan area?

I'd be most interested in a place that doesn't mostly do insurance work as these types of places often don't seem interested in this type of work.

Thanks in advance
Old 05-30-2016, 08:16 PM
makemann
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've taken my 997.2 to Autometric Collision in Pontiac before they changed ownership. At the time, this shop was a part of the Porsche Approved Collision Center Program. Not sure what they are like now, but they did a great job on my car.

Motorwerks in Commerce Twp is another great place. I service my 500E there and I've seen some beautiful paintwork come out of their shop.

I've also heard good things about American Collision Experts in Waterford. I know this reply is late, but let me know if you've already found a place and if you're happy with it.

EDIT: Autometric Collision is now Service King Pontiac South 580 S. Telegraph Rd Pontiac, MI, 48341 T: 248-332-0600 They're still listed as a Porsche Approved Collision Center. Again, I have no idea how they are now.

Last edited by makemann; 06-01-2016 at 07:40 AM.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:22 PM
jspearin
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Great info, thanks for the reply

Quick Reply: Bodywork and Paint Recommendations in SE Michigan