Notices

Dallas, TX

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2003, 03:19 PM
T_MaX
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats in the right neck of the woods for me! I'll have to check with the event scheduler (wife), it seems like we will be having a guest staying with us some time in October. I just can't remember what weekend it is. The funny part is the guest is from Hempstead
Old 10-02-2003, 06:28 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cool, it would be nice to have another water pumper (though a different variety) come with us.
Old 10-02-2003, 07:07 PM
Red1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Matt H
Cool, it would be nice to have another water pumper (though a different variety) come with us.
Yep
Old 10-02-2003, 10:33 PM
T_MaX
Three Wheelin'

Just asked the scheduler, and it looks as if our house guest maybe coming at the end of September, so Octorber is looking even better.

Would you guys mind if I asked a few other water pumps to join that I know in the BCS/Houston area?
Old 10-02-2003, 11:54 PM
Red1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by T_MaX

Would you guys mind if I asked a few other water pumps to join that I know in the BCS/Houston area?
Bring 'em on. Nothing would be better than a caravan of p-cars on a nice fall morning.

I'm going to try to go by Kevin's office tomorrow night. He's got a plan for his route out of town. I'll post details after I understand his idea.

As far as a winery or brewery tour, nothing has been scheduled, AFAIK. The annual "Bochtoberfest" is going on in Shiner that same day, so I'm not sure if we're up for trying that or not. I'm basically saying I'm game for ideas here.

The original plan wasn't really much of a plan, we just thought it would be cool to go for a drive. There's no 'schedule of events' per se, so I don't want anyone to have expectations of a fully planned-out tour. Our idea was to converge on TWS, since it's kinda convenient for everybody. We hadn't really made any plans beyond that point.
Old 10-03-2003, 12:57 AM
T_MaX
Three Wheelin'

Well like I said, nothing fancy, a "Drive Till You Drop" kinda tour, would be fine with most that I know
Old 10-03-2003, 10:02 AM
Red1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by T_MaX
Well like I said, nothing fancy, a "Drive Till You Drop" kinda tour, would be fine with most that I know
Actually, I think that's pretty cool. It seems some rallies get organized around an event, and very little driving get done. A tour just for the sake of touring makes sense to me.
Old 10-03-2003, 12:56 PM
Matt H
Race Director

OK, I am not going to have the 951 ready by then soooo....who is going to let me ride with them?? I dont want to have the only BMW at this P-car gathering, kinda sacreligious. A tour just for touring sounds like a plan to me. I cant wait to shoot pics.
Old 10-03-2003, 01:33 PM
Red1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Is George going to go? He would have to drive a BMW, or his Durango of all things, so Matt feel free to bring the bimmer. At least from my perspective, I have no issue with it. It's up to you Matt.
Old 10-03-2003, 02:01 PM
Matt H
Race Director

OH, I will be there! Maybe I'll rent a Boxster or something! I suppose I will just bring the BMW...my RX started running like crap this morning, I think it might have eaten an apex seal...if it did I have a lot of work to do to get the 951 running by the end of next week.
Old 10-03-2003, 02:17 PM
Red1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Is that the RX that sounds like a WWII B-17 bomber? Maybe your neighbors got to it.
Old 10-03-2003, 03:17 PM
Matt H
Race Director

I thought that myself, but I am almost positive that is not the case. I have to check it out later, but it is smoking on start up (a usual indication of bad apec seals, the mixture of gas and smoke that is). I guess I will have to bust my *** to get the 951 together. I am going to see how much of it I can get done, and hope to have it ready by next Thursday mornin.
Old 10-03-2003, 04:13 PM
Kidd
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Matt, don't worry so much about the smoke from the Rex. Because it's been cooler outside it effects the engine a little. RX's are known for cold starts. If it continues to smoke after a little driving then you may have a problem.
Old 10-03-2003, 11:54 PM
Kevin Baker
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Touring for touring is what I was thinking!!!! It'd be great to meet more of us.
Old 10-04-2003, 10:50 AM
Matt H
Race Director

Nathan, all the tell tale signs are there...It is boiling the coolant as well, this car was first start no problem until yesterday, when I fired it up it was running on one rotor, missing badly, and would barely maintain idle. I am going to borrow a car from my in-laws for a little while, but I am going to get this 951 ready, unless I really screw it up I should make it on the 18th with it.

Quick Reply: Dallas, TX