Notices

K.O. Tire Retires; Need new tire installer Chicagoland

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 08:30 AM
krautcars
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default K.O. Tire Retires; Need new tire installer Chicagoland

They had closed up shop about two months ago. The two brothers are retiring after 40 years. These guys were completely **** about mounting and balancing tires on the car and never scratched a single rim. These guys even went to the length to properly torque the wheels with torque wrench instead of going crazy with the power tools. These guys will truly be missed!

So with that, who do you guys go to in the Chicagoland area that you not only trust with your street Porsche, but your other vehicles to mount and balance tires? If possible a place that doesn't mind you standing by them as they do the process to make sure they're not doing something wrong.

I know some people like the big chain stores for mounting, but I'm not interested and I don't trust those shops.
Old 11-10-2015, 10:11 AM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 158 Posts

Ashland Tire & Auto
3737 N Ashland Ave, Chicago, IL 60613
https://goo.gl/maps/SpxSiApHRds

Don't go anywhere else.

I had a puncture and used these guys after a recommendation by a fellow Rennlister. They are as you say, incredibly careful with wheels and detailed when mounting, rebalancing and reinstalling on the car. I gave them my torque figure for the wheel lugs and they torqued them correctly.

Perillo uses Ashland Tire and there was a Perillo Gallardo there when I went. Plus, they were also recommended to me by my indie shop when I asked them who to use.

No affiliation here just a very happy customer.

Quick Reply: K.O. Tire Retires; Need new tire installer Chicagoland