Notices

Chicago area Xpel installer

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 11:07 PM
Brian 96C2
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chicago area Xpel installer

Any strong recommendations for an excellent Xpel installation shop in the Chicago area? I have looked at their site and there are a number of shops listed but don't know which ones are the best. TIA for any help with this.
Old 08-25-2015, 10:53 AM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 349 Likes on 160 Posts

Check out Lustr: http://lustrdetail.com/.
I had Ivan there correct my paint and add a ceramic coating.
They are located next door to Umbra: http://www.umbrawindowtinting.com/

Umbra did my tint and does the Xpel install for Ivan at Lustr. These guys are top notch and I would go to them again in a heartbeat. Lustr has won several awards for top detailing shop in the US which is rare for a cold weather city like Chicago (usually is the CA and FL guys who win all the time).
Again, my experience was terrific and well priced. YMMV.
Tell him Nate with the Black GTS sent you if you decide to use his services. He is a Porsche fan and has sent me pics of garages of clients with older and rare Porsches that he services. He works on some very hot metal.
Hope that helps.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:03 AM
Brian 96C2
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks very much for the referral Nate. Good to know you have been very pleased with their work on your car. That is exactly what I am looking for.

I do wonder why either shop is not listed on the Xpel website as a certified installer. I will give them call for more info and quote. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Chicago area Xpel installer