Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Directions here guys:

http://www.eaglescanyon.com/htm/circuit.htm

Have fun! It looks to be a beautiful day tomorrow
Old 12-16-2006, 01:18 AM
Greg Smith
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, I didn't realize it was that far away. I may or may not go.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:31 AM
JW in Texas
Three Wheelin'

The track is 15 minutes from I35E @ the Sangar exit(FM455). From downtown FTW you should be looking @ 45 min. to an hour, total.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:14 PM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

Received 500 Likes on 267 Posts

It was a very fun drive out there and a fantastic time running the track.
Thanks to ECR for letting us doink around the new place, it looks fantastic and drives very well too. Have to say I love the blind corners, esp the one just at the top of the hill. Can't wait to see it done.

It was great to meet a lot of you & I hope to see you again soon.
Old 12-16-2006, 09:20 PM
Loaded
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PICS!
Old 12-16-2006, 09:37 PM
10 GT3
Drifting

We had a great time. No stragglers or incidents. We had about 20 cars show up, most making the drive from Plano and a few going directly to the track. Everyone who made the drive from Plano got a pretty spirited drive along the way pushing well above those "suggested" speed limits in the corners and seeing the needle past 3 figures in a couple of places. We had a nice mixture of cars: 997's, 996's (Carreras and Turbos), 993's, a 964 RS, a 901 chassis cab, a 968 and a couple BMWs. Ruf Autocentre sent a Turbo R with their Pro driver along for the ride to check the track out.

As expected, David and Linda Cook were there to meet up and just let us go at it. We got to do some spirited driving. As previously described, the runoff was not completed and the curbing wasn't laid down. The surface being freshly laid had a substantual amount of marbles on it. The track is 40-50' feet and there is plenty of corner out and passing room. You can definitely carry a lot more speed in the corners and there are 2 nice straights where you could need 5th. The combination corners are very fluid and there is nothing tight like the Rattlesnake section of MSR. Even the hill transitions are very fluid. They have a section that is very similar to the inside of the toilet bowl at MSR, but it is far more fluid. All the off and on camber sections actually help settle the car and set up the line. There was a lot of intelligence in designing the track and it really shows when you drive it.

This was also Linda and David's first opportunity to have some fun on the track. In Rennlist spirit, they brought out there Black 996 GT3 on a new set of MPSCs. We finished by doing a spirited parade lap and lining up the cars in one of the bends for photos. We will be posting the pics. Linda is also going to use some of the pics for the website.

There are already several events booked for Eagle's Canyon next year. The official track opening will be in April. AMA is planning an event and 6 of the pro racers drove the track last week and loved it. One had a camera on his leg recording 38 minutes of footage. They will be posting some of the video on the website. Special thanks to Linda, David and Jim for being such great hosts and everyone for making the drive out.

Happy Holidays,

Loren
Old 12-16-2006, 09:44 PM
David 23
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I went the long way, after missing the exit in Sanger. Ended up in Gainsville, then went back down 51 to the track site. Actually a very nice, fast drive. Seemed like I could go as fast as I wanted, with virtually no other cars around. I ended up at the track just as the caravan arrived.

The track is really nice. In a 911 or equivilent, it looks like easy low triple digit speeds on 3 straights, incredible elevation changes, with both cambered and off cambered turns, up and downhill. Great variety, with a wonderful flow. It includes some interesting blind turns dropping off the top of hills, etc. I was very impressed. The elevation changes are what struck me the most. Every bit of the track is changing elevation, and it totally changes what the track layout appears to be. There are some wonderful subleties of what appears to be the line, it should offer quite a challenge.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:14 PM
Greg Smith
Three Wheelin'

Thanks to David, Linda, Loren, and whoever else helped set this up.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:29 PM
Steven C.
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Great day everyone. Can't wait to get officially on this track in June. Thanks to Loren for setting it up.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:48 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts

I concur about it being a great day.

Loren, you forgot to mention that there were also a couple of "lowly" 911's of the 80's variety and a 928! Thanks again for arranging it all.

I hit 100 on the back straight without really pushing it, so there will definitely be some speed in places as David mentions above.

Here are a few pics, hopefully showing some of the elevation:
Attached Images            
Old 12-16-2006, 10:54 PM
Greg Smith
Three Wheelin'

Damn, who's crappy black BMW 540i at the end?
Old 12-16-2006, 11:31 PM
Loaded
Addict
Rennlist Member

Larissa and I had a blast and met some new friends. Good time. That track stuff is awesome
Old 12-17-2006, 12:02 AM
TR6
Drifting

It was a blast! Linda and David are great hosts and are very gracious to invite us out to Eagles Canyon which is well on its way to being a premier racing facility. I snapped off a few shots, so here are more pics than you probably wanted. The first pic shows our hostess Linda posing with her Black GT3. The second photo is Linda discussing the line with the RUF team with a beautiful example of RUF handiwork in the background. The third photo is David Cook (left) discussing his favorite topic, racing, with a fellow enthusiast with the beautiful black GT3 as a background! I also included a photo of the construction team working on the wall and pit row. And of course, you'll have to forgive me for including the last photo of my own car. I couldn't help it.
Attached Images               

Last edited by TR6; 12-17-2006 at 04:21 PM.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:02 PM
Second Childhood
Rennlist Member

Default What a Blast for a newbie!

I had just had my 04 GT3 for a week and a half and this run was a blast. Learned a great deal about my "new to me" car. At 120mph, the steering got a little light on those country roads. Already have a fix in process thanks to others present during the run.
Eagles Canyon was a thrill. The majesty of the course cannot compare to Motorsports Ranch. While April may still be a stretch for being ready, the Cook's are clearly committed to a course that will be spectacular.

Thanks to those that organized this event.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:54 PM
10 GT3
Drifting

Actually it wasn't your steering getting light. It was the wind. We were blowing all over the road.

Quick Reply: DFW: Drive and tour at Eagle's Canyon Raceway 12/16