Notices

Help Registering Car in Illinois - no title since its over 30 yrs old

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2023, 12:42 PM
txhedg
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Registering Car in Illinois - no title since its over 30 yrs old

Trying to figure out how to register a car in Illinois when its coming from a state (CT) that doesn't issue titles for cars over 20 years old. CT wont issue a title, and IL is saying they cant re-title and register without the old title. I have the bill of sale and current CT registration, which CT says should be sufficient. Anyone deal with this before? Thanks!
Old 03-08-2023, 06:53 AM
Prairiedawg
Rennlist Member

Received 984 Likes on 530 Posts

https://www.carregistration.com/blog...ll%20of%20sale.
  • Vehicles that are more than 20 model years old are not required to sell a vehicle. If the vehicle’s title is not available, a Supplemental Assignment of Ownership Form (Form Q-1) can be completed to indicate the buyer and seller. The Q1 form is available at your local CT DMV office.
Note: If you are selling the vehicle to someone in a state other than Connecticut, you are required to request a replacement vehicle title. Once you have obtained the duplicate title, make sure you complete the transfer section on the reverse side of the title and provide it to the buyer of the vehicle.
Old 09-21-2023, 09:03 AM
chivo
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by txhedg
Trying to figure out how to register a car in Illinois when its coming from a state (CT) that doesn't issue titles for cars over 20 years old. CT wont issue a title, and IL is saying they cant re-title and register without the old title. I have the bill of sale and current CT registration, which CT says should be sufficient. Anyone deal with this before? Thanks!

did you find any solution to this issue im planning on buying a gtr from CT and I’m also in IL

Quick Reply: Help Registering Car in Illinois - no title since its over 30 yrs old