Notices

Feedback needed on Suncoast Porsche Parts

Old 07-11-2019, 04:32 PM
jf1
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Feedback needed on Suncoast Porsche Parts

Has anyone ordered parts from Suncoast Porsche Parts in Sarasota, Florida before? I am specifically referring to their online parts business, suncoastparts.com. I found a part I need on their website that my local dealer insists is no longer available from Porsche. They said that Suncoast is notorious for shady dealing and that they are most likely going to send me an aftermarket part. Suncoast insists the part is genuine Porsche, although they refuse to provide me with the Porsche part # saying that their policy is not to do so otherwise I won't buy the part from them. That alone seems shady. I tried verifying the availability by calling another dealer in my state who confirmed what my local dealer said, the part is no longer available. This isn't a cheap part otherwise I'd take the risk with Suncoast. Any feedback on these guys is appreciated.
Old 07-16-2019, 01:34 PM
MattUF
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

I think you'll find Suncoast is one of the bigger suppliers of Porsche parts to the community. I've ordered from them in the past and had no issues, and definitely would not consider them "shady".
Old 07-16-2019, 01:48 PM
jf1
5th Gear

Thank you for the feedback.
Old 07-29-2019, 10:36 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 305 Posts

I've bought from Suncoast and not found anything shady about them. Sounds more like sour grapes...
Old 07-29-2019, 10:47 PM
boisenelson
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 131 Posts

I've ordered several parts from Suncoast with no issues.....most recent one was delivered last week. I'm sure I'll be ordering from them again in the future.
Old 07-30-2019, 11:29 AM
Paliknight
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Many forum members order from suncoast, including myself.
Old 07-31-2019, 05:00 PM
Scooby921
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Same here. Have ordered a few items from them without any issues.
Old 07-31-2019, 05:36 PM
iammacey
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 207 Posts

I have also ordered from them and only received genuine Porsche parts. Everything has been exactly as they said it would.

I ordered LED lights for the 718 which includes a glove box light. I'd ordered the same kit for the GT4. When I installed the light in the 718, it didn't work. I emailed Suncoast and they walked me through a known issue of the physical bulb popping lose during shipping and suggested how to correct it. That was the problem and I was able to resolve it. A small sample, but my experience is they are very responsive and very knowledgeable.
Old 08-05-2019, 11:42 PM
HOF Porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 35 Posts

I agree with everyone so far, I have ordered from them in the past and have nothing but great results
Old 08-05-2019, 11:44 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,308 Likes on 561 Posts

^ same here.

Buy with confidence.
Old 08-06-2019, 04:46 PM
SuncoastParts
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 154 Likes on 83 Posts

Hello everyone, is Pete from Suncoast Parts. I noticed this thread about feedback on our website. Just a little backstory so you can shop with confidence, we are an authorized Porsche dealer who happens to sell parts online at wholesale/shop prices. We started our website 20 years ago and have built a worldwide reputation. We ship over 200 packages every day, including Genuine Porsche engines, transmissions, wheel/tire packages, Aerokits, etc to countries all over the world.

Being a Porsche dealer we have access to the same exact information, inventory checks, and programs that every other dealer in the US has. We do get calls weekly from other dealers asking for part numbers because their parts staff hasn't been able to find something in the parts catalog. We have put in countless hours of research and testing on the parts we have online. For this reason we do not offer part numbers on certain items. Every other dealer has the same opportunity to research parts and educate their staff on what is available and what is no longer available from Porsche. If a dealer says something is no longer available, feel free to give us a call and we can double check. We do carry some aftermarket performance parts and a few miscellaneous odds and ends, but unless otherwise stated in the product description online you can be sure everything is Genuine Porsche. I would say over 90% of our website is Genuine Porsche and those parts carry a factory 2-year limited parts warranty from PCNA.

If there is a particular item you're looking for, let us know and we can show you if it is indeed unavailable or if Porsche still has stock in one of their three US depots or PAG

Thanks for the thread and we hope we can help you all out in the future

-Pete
Suncoast Parts
877-923-1700
Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow our Project 718 Build Thread!

Stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter
Facebook

Old 08-12-2019, 04:37 PM
jf1
5th Gear

Pete from Suncoast did in fact contact me and we were able to work through the confusion on this particular part, which happened to be a paddle shift steering wheel for my 997.2 Carrera S. Pete was extremely thorough in his research and explanation and I ended up ordering the part today. Looking forward to getting a real paddle shift wheel! Thanks Pete.
The following users liked this post:
SuncoastParts (08-13-2019)
Old 08-13-2019, 11:39 AM
SuncoastParts
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 154 Likes on 83 Posts

Thanks for the patience and kind words Jim. It gets very confusing as I mentioned but we got you the correct wheel. It was an absolutely pleasure working with you. Let me know if you have any more questions

-Pete
Suncoast Parts
Old 08-29-2019, 12:40 AM
ipman
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Excellent reply Suncoast. As an onlooker, I certainly appreciate the customer service you showed him. I’ll remember this going forward.
The following users liked this post:
ilovemaui (08-29-2019)
Old 08-29-2019, 01:09 AM
ilovemaui
Burning Brakes

Received 319 Likes on 182 Posts

I've ordered a convertible top switch from them. My switch had developed a terrible rattle. My local dealer wanted $240 to replace the switch. I purchased the part from Suncoast for about $45. It took me about 30 seconds to do the replacement myself. I have also contacted Suncoast service department about what I should expect for a service price just to check on my local dealer's quote. They were more than happy to provide an estimate. I would highly recommend.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Feedback needed on Suncoast Porsche Parts