2013 Cayenne - Replace PCM with Aftermarket Double Din Navigation - Rennlist Discussion Forums

2013 Cayenne - Replace PCM with Aftermarket Double Din Navigation

Old 03-28-2016, 07:28 PM   #1
shundy
New User

Default 2013 Cayenne - Replace PCM with Aftermarket Double Din Navigation

I'm wondering if anyone out there has managed to successfully replace the built-in PCM navigation system with an aftermarket double-din unit in a 2013 Cayenne. I'm looking to replace the whole system, but I'm only finding dash kits for up to 2010 and none for the 2011-2014 models. The only one I've been able to find on paper is this one:

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product/PK958DD.html

It looks like it would only replace the screen portion, but in reality, all of the buttons/***** below the screen (see below) need to be replaced as well and this doesn't look like it would do it. Also, I'm HOPING there's another kit out there that would actually give me some storage under the unit as I currently have no place to put my cell phone (except in the cup holder) while I'm driving (I have many reasons for not wanting to keep my phone in my pocket, so please, no lectures about texting and driving).

Anyone have any experience with this? Money is not an object here. I just want to get the best possible solution in place that looks as clean as I can possibly make it.

Thanks in advance!
shundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 12:33 AM   #2
12v Nick
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

This would probably get a better response in the Cayenne or Audio/Video sub forums.

As far as the PCM replacement in your 2013 Cayenne, there are no aftermarket solutions available for adapting the fitment(at least none that I'm aware of). You're best bet is to contract a skilled aftermarket shop with experience in custom fabrication. We do this type of work in a fair amount of European platforms, but unless your in the Pacific Northwest or willing to ship the car, we wouldn't be able to help.

Might I ask, what's your main motivation for replacing the PCM?

"I would rather be able to appreciate things I can not have than to have things I am not able to appreciate" - Elbert Hubbard
12v Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 09:19 PM   #3
shundy
New User

My last car had an Android OS-based head unit and it just has a lot more features than the PCM does. Waze is the most important one, but I also had voice-activated music selection and navigation, which was pretty great. Unfortunately, I find that most built-in navigation units are about 5 years behind the times in terms of technology.
shundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 01:57 AM   #4
12v Nick
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

It's unfortunate but you're right. The OEM systems are typically a few years behind. They want the aftermarket side to work out all of the bugs and glitches before they build tens of thousands of cars with a glitchy technology.

Also unfortunate is that you'll need a true expert to integrate anything in the Cayenne. I have a lot of good contacts across the US — PM me if you'd like a referral.

"I would rather be able to appreciate things I can not have than to have things I am not able to appreciate" - Elbert Hubbard
12v Nick is offline   Reply With Quote