Notices
Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - 3rd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

List of latest software & navigation updates?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2024, 07:03 PM
dave_n_s
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default List of latest software & navigation updates?

I've just got a 2021 CPO e-Hybrid to replace my 08 S and am trying to figure out if I have the latest software for the vehicle and maps etc.

Is there a list anywhere?

My maps file names all start 2020, but that might just be the initial release for my model year, so I'm not jumping to conclusions.

I do have the integrated SIM data service working, which implies the Connect service is active, including maps. Is that correct please?

One thing I discovered in my 2023 AMG E53 is that it only automatically updates maps for my home region, which is reasonable, so when we head out on a long trip, I downloard and update all the regoins on our route via USB.

How would that work on the Cayenne?

Thank you.

Old 09-29-2024, 05:16 PM
Vapordan
Racer

Received 141 Likes on 86 Posts

I believe cayenne is automatic based on the location of the vehicle. So you would not be able to update the map of an area that you aren’t in. If I recall correctly, there is a way to set your local are. I may be misremembering though.
Old 09-29-2024, 05:34 PM
dave_n_s
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Vapordan
I believe cayenne is automatic based on the location of the vehicle. So you would not be able to update the map of an area that you aren’t in. If I recall correctly, there is a way to set your local are. I may be misremembering though.
I'm sure it is automatic for the current location, but how long does it take to update if we drive out of our home region? I expect there is an override method and someone knows what it is.

First question though.... what are the current map files? Is this vehicle correctly updated?
Old 09-29-2024, 10:38 PM
Schnave
Rennlist Member

Received 2,785 Likes on 1,432 Posts

Originally Posted by dave_n_s

I do have the integrated SIM data service working, which implies the Connect service is active, including maps. Is that correct please? . . .
Not necessarily. The Porsche Connect is a subscription service costing $205 / year. It provides the Map Updates and Traffic Data, among other things. Check your my.porsche.com account to see if you have an active subscription.

The data connection is also used for the Breakdown Call Service, which is complimentary for at least 10 years. Therefore, the data connection does not necessarily mean the map update service is active.

However, you can check for the Traffic Data symbol to the left of the SIM Data symbol, as depicted below. Traffic data is included with the Navigation and Infotainment subscription.

When Porsche pushes an update, a red circle will appear just to the left of the data icon, similar to the download progress icon pictured below.

To manually check for updates, go to SET | System Settings | Software Update | Update. My PCM shows the following:

So I did some digging and found a big surprise: Most of my database is out of date. Apparently, Porsche pushes updates only for your local area.

I live in Virginia and my local area is up to date: 2024.3_P0726. The other regions have never been updated.

One exception: I purchased the car in Oklahoma during January 2021. The database was up to date there as of January. However, no other areas I traversed on my drive home to Virginia were updated.
Question: Would manually checking for updates at fuel stops force an update? Or should I just continue using my Garmin for cross-country as I do now? (I don’t use Apple CarPlay for cross country. Uses too much data and no maps available with no cellular coverage in the mountains.)

Old Yesterday, 12:17 AM
dave_n_s
Intermediate

@Schnave thank you for an outstanding response.

I was assured that a year's Connect would be activated within a comple of days of collecting the CPO vehicle. Based on your information, it appears they've not got that completed yet.

I was assuming incorrectly that the good data connection implied it was set up.

Quick Reply: List of latest software & navigation updates?