Notices
Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - 3rd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2024 Cayenne Linking Key to account in PCM?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2024, 05:30 PM
alg200
AutoX

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2024 Cayenne Linking Key to account in PCM?

Just got my 2024 Cayenne and love it. Is there a way link my key to my account in the PCM and my wife's key to her account? I would like it to switch between us depending on who unlocks the car.

Thanks!
Old 08-26-2024, 08:16 PM
ThomasWShea
Burning Brakes

Received 425 Likes on 312 Posts

to start:

your wife needs to download the porsche app to here phone and create a user profile. then you need to send her an invite when you are logged in on your porsche app. she will need to add the car to her profile on her app. you will get an email from porsche confirming that her adding your car is okay.

maybe there is a more efficient way to explain it, but basically, you both need the app, and to be able to log into the app as yourselves. and you both need the car added. and the primary (i assume that is you) has to approve her adding the car.

after all that, she can log in to the app, then log in the car. the car will display a qr code to make that easier. then she should be able to switch to her own profile in the car.

specifically to get it to go to her profile when her key is used, I haven't tested that, but I can. I know you can switch profiles without switching keys just using the PCM.
Old 08-26-2024, 08:47 PM
MrOhnoez
Instructor

Received 97 Likes on 50 Posts

It's not an easy process but yes its possible.
I assume you already have a profile, so on your own profile on your computer or porsche portal (not the app)
select the cayenne, scroll down until you see a tiny selection that says "add secondary user"
Click and follow the steps.
She will then receive an invitation email as you initially did,
Proceed through the steps.
Once her account is successfully made,
Lock the car with either key.
Unlock it with HER key,
Set all the settings she desires including PCM settings.
Make sure you click Automatic Login WITHOUT security code in account settings.
Now when you unlock the car with your key, it goes to your profile, and when she unlocks it with hers, it goes to hers.
Keep the keys seperated during this process
The following 3 users liked this post by MrOhnoez:
DC1960 (08-27-2024), Gh0st0 (08-28-2024), ThomasWShea (08-26-2024)
Old 08-27-2024, 02:51 PM
mattvandyk
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thank you for this. On prior vehicles, the keys were numbered, so you just linked the account to the number key and the corresponding number memory seat position. Seems that would be easiest, but this did work once I followed these instructions.

Quick Reply: 2024 Cayenne Linking Key to account in PCM?