Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Shuffle / Repeat question (USB music)

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2024, 04:16 PM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Received 679 Likes on 344 Posts
Default Shuffle / Repeat question (USB music)

Tried a quick search and couldn't come up with anything. I use a thumb drive to play music that has about 4,000 songs on it. I do not have separate playlists - I just turn on shuffle and let it go. My question is regarding the repeat button (next to the shuffle button on the PCM). I know if i hit it once it will replay the current song. With shuffle turned ON I don't sense any difference whether the repeat button is "on" (red) or "off" (white).

Does this mean it will shuffle between tracks 1-4,000 and then start shuffling again? Or does it shuffle different segments of the stick? Not sure I'm explaining this correctly but hopefully someone can shed light on what is actually happening so I better understand it and whether I should have it one way or another.
Old 08-28-2024, 07:05 PM
Vapordan
Racer

Received 136 Likes on 81 Posts

When repeat is used, it takes the current track and queues it for playback in the next slot of the current collection’s play queue.

How that collection came to be (Randomized, playlisted, genre etc) is not relevant for the repeat function to execute. Only the play queue needs to know what the next track which can be done without disturbing the collection which may be small or very large.

You can see this in operation quite clearly in an iPhone where shuffling the playlist watching the track order and repeat, using next etc does not change the order of the collection.