Sponsored By:

New 2024 Cayenne S - Recent Recall Issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2024, 10:25 AM
ldx1126
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2024 Cayenne S - Recent Recall Issue

Hi, I am wondering if anyone ever experienced this or want to give me some suggestions. I live in New Jersey and I ordered a new Cayenne S in January 2024. The car finally arrived at my dealer on July 13, 2024. However, due to a recent recall by Porsche for the front left control arm, my dealer is unable to sell the car to me until the issue is addressed. Unfortunately, they are still waiting for Porsche to provide the necessary repair details. As a result, the car has been sitting at the dealership for a month now, depreciating in value every day, yet I'm still expected to pay the full price. Additionally, I plan to trade in my old car to purchase the new one, but it is also losing value each day. This situation is causing me to lose money on both ends. I am wondering why it is taking Porsche so long to release the repair details if they already know which parts are defective. Has anyone had a similar experience? What should I do now, considering no one seems to know how much longer it will take Porsche to release the repair details?
Old 08-14-2024, 12:44 PM
Shippy140
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I’m in the exact same boat as you! Frustrating to not have any communication from Porsche or the dealer on this. I’m almost ready to just find something else at this point.
Old 08-15-2024, 11:01 AM
ldx1126
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Shippy140
I’m in the exact same boat as you! Frustrating to not have any communication from Porsche or the dealer on this. I’m almost ready to just find something else at this point.
Yes, I told my dealer that it's really beyond frustrating at this point. I asked if they could offer any incentives or compensation, but they said no. I'm also considering finding another option, but I've put down a $10k deposit on the car, and they're telling me it's non-refundable. So, I need to try to get that deposit back before I can look elsewhere. I just don't understand—if Porsche already knows which part needs to be replaced, why can't the dealer just go ahead and replace it? Why do they still need to wait for Porsche to tell them how to fix it?

Old 08-15-2024, 12:04 PM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,113 Likes on 1,318 Posts

@ldx1126 hey, welcome to Rennlist. You may find better help by posting in the Cayenne forum over here ---> https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-9y0-2019-247/
Old 08-16-2024, 02:20 PM
Nugent993
1st Gear

Default Cayenne S Stop Ship

Originally Posted by ldx1126
Hi, I am wondering if anyone ever experienced this or want to give me some suggestions. I live in New Jersey and I ordered a new Cayenne S in January 2024. The car finally arrived at my dealer on July 13, 2024. However, due to a recent recall by Porsche for the front left control arm, my dealer is unable to sell the car to me until the issue is addressed. Unfortunately, they are still waiting for Porsche to provide the necessary repair details. As a result, the car has been sitting at the dealership for a month now, depreciating in value every day, yet I'm still expected to pay the full price. Additionally, I plan to trade in my old car to purchase the new one, but it is also losing value each day. This situation is causing me to lose money on both ends. I am wondering why it is taking Porsche so long to release the repair details if they already know which parts are defective. Has anyone had a similar experience? What should I do now, considering no one seems to know how much longer it will take Porsche to release the repair details?
Yes mine is being held at the port!!
Arrived 6-11 Porsche has not told me or the dealer anything but 9/13 is the new date, but this date has changed 6 times already.
My trade is racking up miles as it will be 3 months late if it come in on 9/13.
I am looking a new cars now ( Not Porsche) and about to tell them to keep it!!

Quick Reply: New 2024 Cayenne S - Recent Recall Issue