Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Cayenne S Chirping noise

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2024, 07:37 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 590 Posts

I turned off lane change assist - and I haven't heard the chirping noise for several days. Not sure if that's the "solution", but so far no noise.
The following users liked this post:
chassis (08-11-2024)
Old 08-12-2024, 10:44 AM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

Received 379 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by rodsky
I turned off lane change assist - and I haven't heard the chirping noise for several days. Not sure if that's the "solution", but so far no noise.
You're talking about the feature that lights up the mirrors to tell you if there's somebody in your blind spot? (Lane Change Assist) Or the feature that kind of steers you back into your lane if you start to veer out of it? (Lane Keep Assist)
Old 08-12-2024, 12:51 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TikiLou
You're talking about the feature that lights up the mirrors to tell you if there's somebody in your blind spot? (Lane Change Assist) Or the feature that kind of steers you back into your lane if you start to veer out of it? (Lane Keep Assist)
The latter. I think the former (LCA) is very important and I want that aid. The LKA is kind of annoying and I don't love being steered back in to my lane. If I were doing a very long road trip on a freeway, I may turn it on for safety. But for daily driving around town- its more annoying than helpful.
Vapordan (08-13-2024)
Old 08-12-2024, 11:32 PM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rodsky
The latter. I think the former (LCA) is very important and I want that aid. The LKA is kind of annoying and I don't love being steered back in to my lane. If I were doing a very long road trip on a freeway, I may turn it on for safety. But for daily driving around town- its more annoying than helpful.
The reason I asked is that I don't use LKA (I'm not sure I even have it) so that can't be the source of the chirping. My car is at the dealer for scheduled maintenance and they're looking into it but haven't found anything yet as to why it's happening.
Old 08-14-2024, 11:21 AM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

Dealer is telling me that this is "normal" for the Macan GTS. They had another one in at the same time and said it was doing the same thing. They said it's "air pressure being released from the diverter valves" but I did reiterate that it just started happening about 6 weeks ago (the car is a year old). Anyway, that's all for now I suppose.

(never mind the fact that the Cayenne uses a different engine)
Old 08-14-2024, 01:50 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TikiLou
Dealer is telling me that this is "normal" for the Macan GTS. They had another one in at the same time and said it was doing the same thing. They said it's "air pressure being released from the diverter valves" but I did reiterate that it just started happening about 6 weeks ago (the car is a year old). Anyway, that's all for now I suppose.

(never mind the fact that the Cayenne uses a different engine)
Thanks for the update. Your chirping is "mechanical". Mine is/was electrical/ i.e. a notification. Mine has not re-occurred since i turned off LKA. And I have driven quite a lot to include a trip to Santa Ynez over the weekend.
TikiLou (08-17-2024)

Quick Reply: Cayenne S Chirping noise