Sponsored By:

My Porsche App Oil Level Not Updated After Oil Change

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2024, 12:01 PM
Fahrfun
Instructor

Received 172 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by ThomasWShea
so since i got a flat in my passenger rear tire, i had bellevue porsche do my oil change. oil is at the full mark in the app and car. i didn’t tell them anything or state my expectations.
Sounds like I should go there next year rather than Tacoma
Old 08-15-2024, 01:34 PM
ThomasWShea
Three Wheelin'

Received 470 Likes on 342 Posts

Originally Posted by Fahrfun
Sounds like I should go there next year rather than Tacoma
i have been twice now though i do not like that it is an autonation owned dealer the maintenance side of the house seems okay so far. the replacement tire was priced lower from them than from tire rack so i found that interesting. that has never happened to me w any other car at a dealer.
The following users liked this post:
Fahrfun (08-15-2024)
Old 08-15-2024, 02:13 PM
Woofman
Burning Brakes

Received 580 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by ThomasWShea
i have been twice now though i do not like that it is an autonation owned dealer the maintenance side of the house seems okay so far. the replacement tire was priced lower from them than from tire rack so i found that interesting. that has never happened to me w any other car at a dealer.
I find myself reminiscing about the days during which Porsche was sold and serviced by Volkswagen dealerships instead of by the palaces that Porsche dealerships have become. There was less bulls#it back then. It's the same for Mercedes which, when I was young, were sold and serviced by Studebaker dealerships.
PorscheACC (08-15-2024)
Old 08-15-2024, 10:06 PM
ThomasWShea
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Woofman
I find myself reminiscing about the days during which Porsche was sold and serviced by Volkswagen dealerships instead of by the palaces that Porsche dealerships have become. There was less bulls#it back then. It's the same for Mercedes which, when I was young, were sold and serviced by Studebaker dealerships.
VW is supposedly trying to get their cost of ownership under control. i wonder if they would ever go back to VW brand service centers where any VW brand car could be taken care of? to do that, they would probably have to have fewer facilities for service and people might have to go more out of the way, but for porsche owners, it might be an improvement because in Kalispell MT, the closes Porsche dealer is Spokane or Boise, but they have a VW dealer there.
Old 08-16-2024, 03:46 AM
mc-pgts
Instructor

Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts

Took our '24 CS to Porsche Seattle North (to try track down an annoying noise) and asked them to top off the oil as we are heading out of town soon and didn't want to have to add during the trip. At 2220 miles it was down ~2/3 between the min/max in the PCM. After the top off, shows full on the PCM and in My Porsche app. Also happy to report no Porsche tax involved N/C.
Fahrfun (08-16-2024)
Old 08-16-2024, 04:07 AM
ThomasWShea
Three Wheelin'

i think fluid top offs are complimentary i recall our sales guy in boise mentioned that.

he also said, unless we were confident and knowledgeable, to not top it off ourselves because if we over fill it, that is a bad day. it is nice because say i am not around and my girlfriend wants to go see family 250 miles away, she can just go by the dealer and have them check and top off fluids. nice perk.

Quick Reply: My Porsche App Oil Level Not Updated After Oil Change