Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2024 Cayenne E-Hybrid Fuel Tank Isolation Valve Issue Engine Light

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2024 | 12:35 AM
ikcu
1st Gear

Default 2024 Cayenne E-Hybrid Fuel Tank Isolation Valve Issue Engine Light

We received our new E-hybrid last month and after driving it for 10 days the engine light came on. I took it to the dealer and they said the FTIV was stuck open. Dealer reset the system. After another 8 days the engine light came on again. Brought it back to the shop last week Thursday and was told the day after that there was an issue with the FTIV or related components and parts need to be ordered from Germany. Today the dealer got me a brand new Macan as a loaner car as they estimated 2-3 weeks until part replacement is complete. Not the best new car experience thus far.
Also side note I've been disappointed at a couple of things about this cayenne which i'll list below if you're interested. Our last Cayenne was a 2010 so this is quite the jump to new Porsche tech. I'm not inexperienced to new tech as I currently have a 2022 range rover sport and a 2020 Odyessy.
1) This 2024 cayenne, in my wife and I opinion, has a very sensitive Emergency collision breaking system. 3 times already while waiting to make a left turn at a traffic light, the auto emergency brake comes on when we're about to gas it to make the left turn after the last oncoming car passes. The car completely stopped and we were almost hit by oncoming cars in the adjacent lanes also one time almost rear ended as well. Even backing into the parking spot at the dealership it auto braked as it sensed an employee having a smoke 8 feet away. Now every time we start the car we have to manually go into options to deselect the emergency braking option.
2) The power tailgate still cannot be closed using the remote. ARghghghhh. I have 2 young kids whom are not tall enough to reach the top of the tailgate to press the close button. So when they need to grab something from the trunk, I now have to physically go out to close it for them. Whereas my other cars I can open and close from inside the house window.
3) Android auto google maps does not show on the dash. It only shows the oem Navigation map which is pointless if you're using google maps nav on andoid auto/carplay. Yes google maps shows on the main infotainment screen.
4) The car starts on Full Electric mode always when there is more than a few percent of charge. We always have to change it to Hybrid or Engine as we like to the Ooomph the gas engine provides. Just something that annoys us as Porsche is all about the personalized elevated driving experienced and yet we're forced to drive full electric even though it's not a fully electric car.

Here's to hoping the new part works and we didn't get a lemon.
The following users liked this post:
MAXFPS (06-19-2024)

Quick Reply: 2024 Cayenne E-Hybrid Fuel Tank Isolation Valve Issue Engine Light