Sponsored By:

Option codes for ALK/ Inno Drive on 2020+

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2024, 08:47 PM
Chandler
6th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Option codes for ALK/ Inno Drive on 2020+

I'm searching for a 2019+ GTS or Turbo with various options, realizing I'm going to have to compromise, or shell out quite a bit more money for an order.
The main purpose of this car will be for tri-weekly 400 mile one way commutes - so I'm interested in ACC + Active Lane Keep.
For 2019 models, it's easy to see a window sticker or use Vin Analytics and look for InnoDrive. For cars 2020-2021 that I've spotted, I haven't seen InnoDrive mentioned at all, and most I see are listed with "Assistance Package" - but I haven't found clarification on what the assistance package includes year to year. IE if I go build a car and choose the assistance package for a base Cayenne today, I will not get ALK, and InnoDrive isn't listed at all.

I had a lot of other options in mind - so I'm going to end up compromising and getting a better optioned car ACC+LKA, but am considering a few listing with the 'Assistance Package' (PFD). All the cars with the assistance packages have been too far to justify traveling to test drive, so I've been unable to confirm in person.

I suppose my question is:
What is the options codes which include Active Lane Keep?

Any insight or clarification would be appreciated.

Example listing:
WP1AF2AY5LDA39701 | 2020 Porsche Cayenne Turbo | VIN Analytics
Used 2020 Porsche Cayenne Turbo For Sale $73,777 | Cars.com

Last edited by Chandler; 06-04-2024 at 11:19 PM.
Old 06-05-2024, 01:04 AM
downtroddengoat
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

This has been a source of frustration for me as well -- mainly because I cannot get time to get dialed in and figure things out. Or i get distracted by other shiny things.

What are your thoughts on the Turbos around that age driving wise? I have been looking at turbo coupes trying to figure out whether I want to go with another Cayenne (currently in a 958.1) or just keep the 958.1 for now and grab something else like a Panamera or a M3/M4 comp xdrive or an X4m Comp for something different.
Old 06-05-2024, 06:07 AM
ThomasWShea
Burning Brakes

Received 425 Likes on 312 Posts

the m codes, or p codes as some call them, will tell you. ALK is active. LKA is not active and does corrections but will scare you to death if you are wanting or expecting something to steer. Active cruise is nice, at least in the 2024 i have. but, there are occasions where it doesn’t see the car in front or brakes later that i do. you will not want to space out or expect active cruise to save you.

you cannot add ALK as far as i know. insane changes would be required. there are cars w ALK that may need it activated. i think this is because some states don’t allow ALK - i recall reading that somewhere. so it can be in a car but not activated. the dealer can turn it of if they know what they are doing.

so look for ALK. if it has that code you should be good.

Last edited by ThomasWShea; 06-05-2024 at 06:09 AM.
Old 06-05-2024, 09:58 AM
Woofman
Burning Brakes

Received 560 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by Chandler
For 2019 models, it's easy to see a window sticker or use Vin Analytics and look for InnoDrive. For cars 2020-2021 that I've spotted, I haven't seen InnoDrive mentioned at all, and most I see are listed with "Assistance Package" - but I haven't found clarification on what the assistance package includes year to year. IE if I go build a car and choose the assistance package for a base Cayenne today, I will not get ALK, and InnoDrive isn't listed at all.

I had a lot of other options in mind - so I'm going to end up compromising and getting a better optioned car ACC+LKA, but am considering a few listing with the 'Assistance Package' (PFD). All the cars with the assistance packages have been too far to justify traveling to test drive, so I've been unable to confirm in person.

I suppose my question is:
What is the options codes which include Active Lane Keep?
It's difficult to determine content on Porsches at non-Porsche sellers unless you ask for the window sticker. If you are looking at Porsche dealerships, you should be able to view the window sticker in Porsche finder: https://finder.porsche.com/us/en-US

Whether or not an assistance package is offered and the content of the assistance package when offered has varied among model years. The window sticker for my 2022 shows InnoDrive as being included in the Assistance Package. ALK isn't shown on the window sticker but it has been available only with InnoDrive on the Cayenne. The current option code for InnoDrive is PY3 but I don't know if it has been different in the past.

The reason that you are not seeing InnoDrive mentioned in that most Cayenne's don't have it. I just looked at 10 new and used Cayennes on Porsche Finder and not one of them had InnoDrive.
Old 06-05-2024, 05:49 PM
ThomasWShea
Burning Brakes

the three letter codes aren’t on the window sticker. the dealer can send them to you for each car you are interested in. and yes very few cars (at least in the U.S.) have innodrive.
Old 06-05-2024, 10:36 PM
Chandler
6th Gear

Originally Posted by downtroddengoat
This has been a source of frustration for me as well -- mainly because I cannot get time to get dialed in and figure things out. Or i get distracted by other shiny things.

What are your thoughts on the Turbos around that age driving wise? I have been looking at turbo coupes trying to figure out whether I want to go with another Cayenne (currently in a 958.1) or just keep the 958.1 for now and grab something else like a Panamera or a M3/M4 comp xdrive or an X4m Comp for something different.
To be honest, I'm probably not the best person to ask. This will be my second Porsche. I'm a VW/ Audi guy at heart. My father has owned a 996 and a 997.2, and I have a 987.1 as a track car. My mother in-law has a 2018 Macaan. If you asked me some technical details on the M96/M97 engines I could probably give some info - but in terms of choosing a generation of Cayenne to go after - I'm not going to be the best resource.

This is currently on Porsche finder:

I'm selecting this car, looking for ALK because I'm tired of commuting 400 miles one way in my F-250 for work for a monthly office meeting I'm holding. The Cayenne is quite a bit smaller, more comfortable, etc. I recently rented a Q5 and Q7 from Audi on Demand and loved the driving assistance while traveling on i-20 and i-10. I didn't think I would care for it, but it made me noticeably less fatigued each of the four trips I took. I don't want to own an Audi SUV. I have a Q5 company car from an employee with a blown cylinder that has been in my drive way for almost a year - their value to quality just isn't there for an SUV for me. I'd consider a volvo XC90, but it doesn't scratch my sportier or luxury itch. I figure I will keep it 4 years, put 25k miles on it a year, and pay a premium for an extended warranty from my local dealer. After that, my taste will have probably changed a bit or maybe I won't travel as much and I'll go back to having just a fun car and a truck.

Based on my limited research, the second gen Cayennes are great cars for the price point, and I actually likely some physical characteristics about them a bit more than the newer ones - But I'm looking for driving assistance.

Originally Posted by ThomasWShea
the m codes, or p codes as some call them, will tell you. ALK is active. LKA is not active and does corrections but will scare you to death if you are wanting or expecting something to steer. Active cruise is nice, at least in the 2024 i have. but, there are occasions where it doesn’t see the car in front or brakes later that i do. you will not want to space out or expect active cruise to save you.

you cannot add ALK as far as i know. insane changes would be required. there are cars w ALK that may need it activated. i think this is because some states don’t allow ALK - i recall reading that somewhere. so it can be in a car but not activated. the dealer can turn it of if they know what they are doing.

so look for ALK. if it has that code you should be good.
Originally Posted by Woofman
It's difficult to determine content on Porsches at non-Porsche sellers unless you ask for the window sticker. If you are looking at Porsche dealerships, you should be able to view the window sticker in Porsche finder: https://finder.porsche.com/us/en-US

Whether or not an assistance package is offered and the content of the assistance package when offered has varied among model years. The window sticker for my 2022 shows InnoDrive as being included in the Assistance Package. ALK isn't shown on the window sticker but it has been available only with InnoDrive on the Cayenne. The current option code for InnoDrive is PY3 but I don't know if it has been different in the past.

The reason that you are not seeing InnoDrive mentioned in that most Cayenne's don't have it. I just looked at 10 new and used Cayennes on Porsche Finder and not one of them had InnoDrive.
So I'm not looking at official windows stickers because I'd have to pay for a LOT of them to find what I'm looking for - and new listings that even have ACC are relatively slim.
understand ALK is different than LKA - I've experienced them both (and regret not getting the GTS I test drove with ALK at this point - I really wanted the turbo). My issue is I'm looking across the entire US, and can't verify in person - and most of the listings are not with a Porsche dealer that can truly break it down so it's hard to confirm. The links I provided show a car listing and the corresponding VinAnalytics result suggesting it has an assistance package, but I don't know what's in that assistance package - and that's what I'm looking for: a definitely resource as to what's included in that assistance package for the years 2020, 2021, and 2022.

I'm also now a bit confused - InnoDrive always includes Active Lane Keep, correct? Or is it possible to have InnoDrive with Lane Keep Assist? I don't care about the InnoDrive feature specifically - I just want the ALK and ACC option on the interstate to help center the car while cruising in the middle or right hand lane.

After looking since November of last year, I've only come across a Lemon titled car that had PDDC, PTV+, Insulated Glass, Soft Close doors, Rear steering (meh), and InnoDrive. I passed because it was a Lemmon. I'm now leaning towards ACC+ LKA with PPDC OR just snagging up the first decent deal on one with 'Assistance Package' (which I assume has ALK, or am hoping it does). Confirming that has just been a nightmare.

This is currently on PorscheFinder - it has the Assistance package, but says InnoDrive Inncl. ACC and LKA, which I assume means no Active Lane keep - so the car won't center itself. Which to mean begs the question: For the year 2021, was ALK an option, if so what was it packaged with/ what is the option code?

My current assumptions:
Assistance Packages for the 2020-2022 years Includes InnoDrive.
All Innodrive packages include Active Lane Keep.

To me this translates to: Look for Vehicles with InnoDrive (2019) or "assistance Package" (2020-2022).

Last edited by Chandler; 06-05-2024 at 11:19 PM.
Old 06-05-2024, 10:58 PM
downtroddengoat
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chandler
To be honest, I'm probably not the best person to ask. This will be my second Porsche. I'm a VW/ Audi guy at heart. My father has owned a 996 and a 997.2, and I have a 987.1 as a track car. My mother in-law has a 2018 Macaan. If you asked me some technical details on the M96/M97 engines I could probably give some info - but in terms of choosing a generation of Cayenne to go after - I'm not going to be the best resource.

I'm selecting this car, looking for ALK because I'm tired of commuting 400 miles one way in my F-250 for work for a monthly office meeting I'm holding. The Cayenne is quite a bit smaller, more comfortable, etc. I recently rented a Q5 and Q7 from Audi on Demand and loved the driving assistance while traveling on i-20 and i-10. I didn't think I would care for it, but it made me noticeably less fatigued each of the four trips I took. I don't want to own an Audi SUV. I have a Q5 company car from an employee with a blown cylinder that has been in my drive way for almost a year - their value to quality just isn't there for an SUV for me. I'd consider a volvo XC90, but it doesn't scratch my sportier or luxury itch. I figure I will keep it 4 years, put 25k miles on it a year, and pay a premium for an extended warranty from my local dealer. After that, my taste will have probably changed a bit or maybe I won't travel as much and I'll go back to having just a fun car and a truck.

Based on my limited research, the second gen Cayennes are great cars for the price point, and I actually likely some physical characteristics about them a bit more than the newer ones - But I'm looking for driving assistance.

Thanks. I can't imagine the ride in the F250. My Jeep Gladiator at 80 on the Jersey Turnpike or 95 for an hour is bad enough. Getting the driver's assistance tech is the main reason that I was looking to move to a newer/another Cayenne for my plusher highway driving. (It seems that all of the well apportioned 958's are going through BAT currently and I am tired of playing. LOL). My SO's SQ5 should technically cover that, but I don't really enjoy driving it, as it is a bit lifeless and can't scratch the V-8 itch. So the search continues...
Old 06-05-2024, 11:24 PM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,462 Likes on 1,067 Posts

7Y1 Lane Change Assist (LCA)
PY1 Porsche InnoDrive incl. Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and Lane Keep Assist (LKA)

ACC can be seen in photos by the presence of the black radome hemisphere in the grille.

Old 06-05-2024, 11:30 PM
Chandler
6th Gear

Originally Posted by downtroddengoat
Thanks. I can't imagine the ride in the F250. My Jeep Gladiator at 80 on the Jersey Turnpike or 95 for an hour is bad enough. Getting the driver's assistance tech is the main reason that I was looking to move to a newer/another Cayenne for my plusher highway driving. (It seems that all of the well apportioned 958's are going through BAT currently and I am tired of playing. LOL). My SO's SQ5 should technically cover that, but I don't really enjoy driving it, as it is a bit lifeless and can't scratch the V-8 itch. So the search continues...
The F250 isn't terrible. It's older (2011) and a King Ranch trim with brand new suspension components including shocks and bushings that I put on it this year. But the wind noise and steering column not being very tight is tiring at this point. I'm a bit embarrassed to say I typically cruise at 85-90 in it routinely when traveling - and feel plenty comfortable doing so.

I've driven the 2016 SQ5. I actually got one as a courtesy vehicle for three days when I had a 2013 S4 at a dealer for warranty work ^.^
I'd Choose a base Macaan before an SQ5 - They are just too expensive if you are comparing new to a pre owned sub 10k mile Porsche in terms of value. it feels too much like a floaty Ford Edge for the cost. I do like the 3.0T engines though (not sure what the SQ5 has in it now). I think the SQ8s are ugly - but they have impressive performance numbers.
I could pick apart any small/ crossover like SUV - The Cayenne fits into more categories than any other vehicle and checks a lot of boxes for most people if you can afford to purchase and maintain one.
If I already had a well maintained Gen 2, I probably wouldn't look to trade up until a 2019/2020 came around - if you wait another year I suspect you'd save another 5-10k depending on the car you find. But the prices are all over the place. Lots of these listing (Not CPO, over 60k miles) are sitting at 70-120 days listed or end up getting moved into someone else's inventory. Unfortunately for me, there are slim numbers out there that were optioned/ ordered with InnoDrive and PDDC. But I'm not about to fork out 140-170k and then still have to wait for a new one
The following users liked this post:
downtroddengoat (06-06-2024)
Old 06-06-2024, 12:01 AM
ThomasWShea
Burning Brakes

i am bowing out in this one. you have an uphill climb. it will be like pulling teeth to figure this out remotely. sales people won’t know and won’t want to spend the time on it. you will need to just use the vin and pester porsche for the codes car by car. that is the path if you want to know 100%.
Old 06-06-2024, 09:50 AM
Woofman
Burning Brakes

I'm unclear on whether you specified option InnoDrive when you searched on Porsche Finder. The search returned lots of 2019-2022 Cayenne with InnoDrive. I looked at the window stickers for several that were found and verified that they really did have InnoDrive.

https://finder.porsche.com/us/en-US/...closest&page=2

Edit: Yes, InnoDrive always includes ALK. The only Porsche in which ALK can be had without InnoDrive has been the Taycan and that's only if ALK is added after purchase as a "feature on demand"

Last edited by Woofman; 06-06-2024 at 09:53 AM.
The following users liked this post:
ThomasWShea (06-06-2024)
Old 06-06-2024, 11:18 AM
ThomasWShea
Burning Brakes

I'm unclear on whether you specified option InnoDrive when you searched on Porsche Finder. The search returned lots of 2019-2022 Cayenne with InnoDrive. I looked at the window stickers for several that were found and verified that they really did have InnoDrive.

https://finder.porsche.com/us/en-US/...closest&page=2

Edit: Yes, InnoDrive always includes ALK. The only Porsche in which ALK can be had without InnoDrive has been the Taycan and that's only if ALK is added after purchase as a "feature on demand"
user isn’t shopping thru porsche…that is the catch.
Old 06-06-2024, 12:05 PM
Woofman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ThomasWShea
user isn’t shopping thru porsche…that is the catch.
Maybe he should shop through Porsche. Especially for higher end brands, franchised dealers usually have the best vehicles and used car dealers the worst. And the sleaze factor is real.
Old 06-06-2024, 12:13 PM
ThomasWShea
Burning Brakes

Maybe he should shop through Porsche. Especially for higher end brands, franchised dealers usually have the best vehicles and used car dealers the worst. And the sleaze factor is real.
i agree.
Old 06-06-2024, 03:03 PM
downtroddengoat
Rennlist Member

I have encountered several Porsche and other luxury dealers that willingly participate in sleaze and ineptness. Car dealers gonna car dealer if they want to, no matter what the sign says out front.

Quick Reply: Option codes for ALK/ Inno Drive on 2020+