Mayab
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Its a fine line, being happy with your build and not feeling like you settled
Old 05-29-2024, 12:53 AM
Talon38c
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

My dealer told me it was a six-month delivery for PTS as compared to the 2 1/2 -3 month delivery for non PTS colors.
Old 05-29-2024, 01:56 AM
ThomasWShea
Burning Brakes

Received 425 Likes on 312 Posts

i think @retom bought a leather sample. so it is possible to buy them. seems like if u can buy a leather sample, you may be able to buy a paint sample. like a piece of painted metal. i think it would be worth seeing the actual color painted on metal.

Last edited by ThomasWShea; 05-29-2024 at 02:30 AM.
Old 05-29-2024, 10:43 AM
retom
Pro

Received 445 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by ThomasWShea
i think @retom bought a leather sample. so it is possible to buy them. seems like if u can buy a leather sample, you may be able to buy a paint sample. like a piece of painted metal. i think it would be worth seeing the actual color painted on metal.
Every dealer should have samples of all types of leather and paint. Also these PTS.
In this photo I was comparing a sample of Bordeaux Red and Crayon leather with Arras Red in my SQ8.

The following users liked this post:
ThomasWShea (05-29-2024)
Old 05-29-2024, 10:47 AM
GT3Fan24
Track Day

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mayab
Hello all
We have an allocation for a 25 GTS with an august build and a tentative october delivery. Our last two cayennes were chalk and this time around I'm considering paint to sample.
Has anyone done a PTS and if so what color did you choose . I realize that color is subjective but am curious for your responses.
Never done PTS but absolutely would if given a PTS allocation. Color is very subjective but I love many of the Oranges to stand out.
Old 05-30-2024, 02:34 AM
DaveChapin
Advanced

Received 61 Likes on 12 Posts

My PTS order for a e-hybrid turbo was accepted on November 2, 2023. Looks like it will arrive in two more weeks to the pacific NW. So there’s a data point
Old 05-30-2024, 05:28 AM
ThomasWShea
Burning Brakes

@Mayab what r u thinking? i was playing w a siam lightweight config:
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PSQYR1Z9
Old 05-30-2024, 07:00 AM
Mayab
Rennlist Member

The color on the configurator looks so much more tan as opposed to the you tube videos that show it closer to an off white. My sales associate is supposed to get me the actual color samples
Old 05-30-2024, 07:33 AM
ranger22
Rennlist Member

Received 375 Likes on 210 Posts

The color on the configurator looks so much more tan as opposed to the you tube videos that show it closer to an off white. My sales associate is supposed to get me the actual color samples
It almost looks like it has a light green hue to it on my PTS sample card deck.
Old 05-30-2024, 12:16 PM
ThomasWShea
Burning Brakes

i have seen a cayenne with it in real life and it was very cool. came across initially too me as a gray. my girlfriend went nuts and said it was the same color as kim's jet, pic below. Once you get a sample of paint on metal, you'll be able to better assess. i agree, audi's vicuna comes across as off-white, this does not come across as off-white.

Last edited by ThomasWShea; 05-30-2024 at 12:18 PM.
Old 06-04-2024, 09:29 PM
Mayab
Rennlist Member

Received paint to samples today from sales associate, Big difference from the same colors shown on the configurator.
Really liking the Siam beige metallic.
Old 06-05-2024, 01:29 AM
ThomasWShea
Burning Brakes

Received paint to samples today from sales associate, Big difference from the same colors shown on the configurator.
Really liking the Siam beige metallic.
YES!!! i have been advocating this color hard. i am probably coming across a little too excited lol. it really is an amazing color on car. hopefully you can post pics assuming you stay the course w this siam. a lot of people get turned off when they hear the word beige.

were the paint samples on metal?
Old 06-05-2024, 06:31 AM
Mayab
Rennlist Member

Samples are on cardstock.
If we choose to enter the PTS, our allocation will be moved further into the future with start date currently unknown as porsche only does special paint several times a year. Another form member posted his pts build took appx 6 months.
Dealer will try to get additional info. You are right about the color coming across as grey and I also have this preconceived thing about beige
Old 06-05-2024, 06:42 AM
ThomasWShea
Burning Brakes

you’ve got to do it! it will be so cool to have the custom color. the wait will be worth it. the reason i bought off the lot is that i had already waited a year and a half for an SQ8 that had still not arrived. i had circumstances that were pressing me into needing the new car stat w my dad’s health and during that year and a half i had not replaced my prior audi so i was down a vehicle. because i originally wanted carrara white w with red interior, i decided to stay the course, i found one in ID i flew down and grabbed it. if i custom order i would do siam for sure.

i have to add. i have a friend who has been pro beige since the was in his early 20s. i asked him why. his answer was interesting. he said because old people buy beige and old people know what to buy. a short time later i ended up w a champaign metallic 5 series, at first i was very down on the color. but what happened is i became a fan. there wasn’t ever a place i showed up where i didn’t get waved in. it was like a magic car. we got away w murder in that car. it removed my beige bias. let’s be honest beige says middle age…very middle age. but it is always a color i look at since then. and what i like so much about the siam is that is says beige, but it isn’t, so nobody gets it. i was amazed that i saw one in the wild. my girlfriend still talks about it.

Last edited by ThomasWShea; 06-05-2024 at 06:53 AM.
Old 06-05-2024, 07:05 AM
Mayab
Rennlist Member

If we proceed with siam we would pair it with the lightweight sport package in carbon fiber. That package gives you the carbon fiber roof along with mirror caps, rear diffuser and other accents The grey in the fiber work very well with an exterior grey. Also you get the houndstooth interior.
Our first gas had both and we really liked it. Pictures of houndstooth do not do it justice

Quick Reply: Paint to sample