Sponsored By:

overhead light randomly turns on on 2024 Cayenne Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2024, 02:19 AM
jtorrebl
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts
Default overhead light randomly turns on on 2024 Cayenne Coupe

Either light randomly turns on and starts flashing gradually bright and dim. Driver's side more than the passenger. Service advisor saw it turn on but mechanic couldn't replicate it. So we still have this problem near daily.
Old 05-08-2024, 03:45 AM
ThomasWShea
Burning Brakes

Received 425 Likes on 312 Posts

hum. long shot i might try to clean it with a damp cloth.
Old 05-14-2024, 11:39 PM
overshoot
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First drive of my new 2024 CPO Cayenne and having the same issue with overhead lights randomly turning on. Happened at least six or seven times. At first I thought it was linked to having wireless Android auto on because it seemed to do it about 30 seconds after I was done using the microphone where other features on the Android Auto.

Anyone else figure out what's going on here?
Old 05-15-2024, 12:20 AM
ThomasWShea
Burning Brakes

mine is not doing this. what software version are you on? i got my car in nov. and i haven’t updated anything on purpose because i have only one issue that doesn’t bother me much.
Old 06-18-2024, 02:55 PM
Chortle
5th Gear

Any resolution to this problem? Mine started doing this a month or so ago, occasionally then more often. Always on the driver side up until this week, now on both sides and now sometimes flashing rapidly which is very annoying. Touching the light to turn it off does not always work. Eventually it stops on its own after a minute or two.
Old 06-18-2024, 03:17 PM
jtorrebl
Racer

At my last service they determined that they needed to replace the overhead console with a unit coming from Germany. After 2 visits they were able to replicate it and ordered the new part
The following users liked this post:
MAXFPS (06-19-2024)
Old 06-18-2024, 03:21 PM
ThomasWShea
Burning Brakes

i read up on this and have u verified both lights are clean and free of any oils? such as lotion, natural oils etc? does a lotion user also use the car? also they are sensitive to grounding issues. if you are sure they are completely clean, and they are still faulty u could go to the dealer.

also certain electrical interference can mess w them. I do not know if hey are shielded, but if they aren’t and electrical interference is the cause, you would try to shield them but it might be tricky.

knock on wood mine seem to work flawlessly so far.
The following users liked this post:
MAXFPS (06-19-2024)
Old 06-21-2024, 05:31 PM
Davidoconn
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by overshoot
First drive of my new 2024 CPO Cayenne and having the same issue with overhead lights randomly turning on. Happened at least six or seven times. At first I thought it was linked to having wireless Android auto on because it seemed to do it about 30 seconds after I was done using the microphone where other features on the Android Auto.

Anyone else figure out what's going on here?
If anybody has a fix please let us all know! It's driving me crazy as well. 2024 Cayenne and you hear the pop noise like you are touching the screen and sure enough the drivers side light is on. Sometimes no matter what I do I can't turn it off. Really fun at night. Dealer says they need it for a week to diagnose.
Old 06-21-2024, 06:10 PM
Chortle
5th Gear

Yes, I have heard a popping noise too, I initially thought it was unrelated. No other electronics running, no phone messages or texts when this happens but it is a pretty consistent issue now. To the other posts, the upper console is squeeky clean, no cosmetics or oils or cleaning fluid residue.

Going into the shop tomorrow, will post any conclusions.
Old 06-22-2024, 01:52 AM
jtorrebl
Racer

Originally Posted by Davidoconn
If anybody has a fix please let us all know! It's driving me crazy as well. 2024 Cayenne and you hear the pop noise like you are touching the screen and sure enough the drivers side light is on. Sometimes no matter what I do I can't turn it off. Really fun at night. Dealer says they need it for a week to diagnose.
my dealer is replacing the console. They ordered the part from Germany
Old 06-22-2024, 08:42 AM
Davidoconn
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, I will suggest the same.
Old 06-22-2024, 03:27 PM
Rick GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 77 Posts

my 2024 Cayenne, overhead light turns on/pop noise after 2 months of being bought, at the beginning, only the driver light only turned on, but for the last couple of days now the passenger light also turn on. I did cover the driver light with electric black tape until I take the Cayenne to the dealer which is 2:30 hours away from my home. I keep hearing the pop noise, but I just ignored. Most likely the overhead light need to be replaced, but is absurd dealer wants to keep the Cayenne for 1-2 weeks...I'm planning to make a video and send it to them.
Old 06-24-2024, 07:18 PM
Chortle
5th Gear

Default software is the proposed solution

Spoke with my SA today, he said Porsche is aware of the issue and will issue a software update to make the necessary corrections. No firm timeline yet on when or how this will happen, just have to wait it out. In the meantime I am going to cover up the lights with a tape sandwich of blue painters tape with some black electrical tape on top of the blue until the issue is resolved.
Old 06-25-2024, 06:18 AM
ThomasWShea
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Chortle
Spoke with my SA today, he said Porsche is aware of the issue and will issue a software update to make the necessary corrections. No firm timeline yet on when or how this will happen, just have to wait it out. In the meantime I am going to cover up the lights with a tape sandwich of blue painters tape with some black electrical tape on top of the blue until the issue is resolved.
what software version is ur car on? i have no issue and i have avoided doing any updates since i got my car mid nov to prevent these kinds of things. i can live w the bugs my car has now. different ones may bug me more.

Last edited by ThomasWShea; 06-25-2024 at 06:19 AM.
Old 06-25-2024, 11:13 AM
Chortle
5th Gear

Not sure what software version, purchased the car new in late August, no problems of any kind until a month or so ago when the overhead lights started acting up.

Quick Reply: overhead light randomly turns on on 2024 Cayenne Coupe