Sponsored By:

Cayenne S coupe e hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2024, 10:46 PM
Thehighest
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cayenne S coupe e hybrid

I have been waiting for a Cayenne S V8 allocation and a Cayenne S e hybrid coupe allocation became available and I’m pulling the trigger. Would like some advice about my build which will lock in a few days. Thanks in advance!

https://configurator.porsche.com/en-...dFrom=PRXZHKB8
Old 05-07-2024, 08:10 AM
jo2134
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Thehighest
I have been waiting for a Cayenne S V8 allocation and a Cayenne S e hybrid coupe allocation became available and I’m pulling the trigger. Would like some advice about my build which will lock in a few days. Thanks in advance!

First off congratulations! Exciting time.

Here’s my 2 cents after 5 months of ownership of my 24’ S.

First off get at least the sport design front fascia or sport design package. There is a lot of plastic especially on the rear which cheapens the look of the car and yes it is still very noticeable on dark colors. It makes a substantial difference to the appearance of the car.

If you’re going black for leather I highly recommend going with the club leather. It is much better quality than the standard leather. I went with standard because I wanted chalk but if I were going black or red it’d only be club leather.

Seats. Have you tested out the 18 way seats? I had 14 way selected. After going to the dealer to test 18 way I immediately changed. They are much more form fitting and feel like you are sitting “in” the seat vs “on” the seat. Some strongly prefer one seat over the other. Definitely go try both if you haven’t. After spending 10 minutes in the 18 way the 14 way became a hard pass for me.

Exclusive design taillights add a really nice and special look to the car. You have silver badging and silver face wheels which will look awesome with the clear taillights vs red.

Rear axle steering. Can’t recommend this option enough. It’s one of those things you didn’t know you needed until you have it. It makes maneuvering the car so much easier and the car feel much smaller at low and high speeds.

Get the heated GT steering wheel over the standard wheel.

Since you’re doing the crested headrests in the front add them to the back. I only went front and now regret it.

Sport exhaust. Dramatically changes the sound of the car and makes it a real treat to turn on every single time and also to drive off. Absolute must have for me even on the 6 cylinder.

Absolutely love those wheels. I have them myself. That being said if I were going with the Coupe I’d get them in 22”. I had no choice but to go with the 21” version since I did not order the coupe.

These are the must haves for me that you currently do not have specced.

Here is what I would add to my build today if it were possible:

Full sport design package (I ordered sport design fascia)
Center console armrest with model designation
Innodrive (only to get ALK)
Colored seat belts
Carbon fiber trim
GT steering wheel with carbon fiber trim
Model designation decal on door
The following users liked this post:
ihbond (05-08-2024)
Old 05-07-2024, 03:23 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,615 Likes on 1,623 Posts

Originally Posted by Thehighest

If you're not getting massaging seats, definitely check out the 18 ways as the poster above said. We absolutely love ours, but we are both taller (6'2", 5'10") and the additional shoulder support hits us in just the right spot so YMMV.

Also agree on the painted fascia option. Getting the lower fascia painted is a huge plus.

Not sure how much highway driving you do but the ACC with ALK is quite good and I enjoy having it lane center for me in traffic.

One thing I disagree with the poster above on is the sport exhaust. I wouldn't get it on a hybrid.
Old 05-07-2024, 09:49 PM
jo2134
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
If you're not getting massaging seats, definitely check out the 18 ways as the poster above said. We absolutely love ours, but we are both taller (6'2", 5'10") and the additional shoulder support hits us in just the right spot so YMMV.

Also agree on the painted fascia option. Getting the lower fascia painted is a huge plus.

Not sure how much highway driving you do but the ACC with ALK is quite good and I enjoy having it lane center for me in traffic.

One thing I disagree with the poster above on is the sport exhaust. I wouldn't get it on a hybrid.
I used to think the same about it on hybrid and base Cayenne but then I heard a base with sport exhaust and it sounds killer. Hybrid will sound the same.
Old 05-07-2024, 10:32 PM
tvlaan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 20 Posts

Lovely build - i spec'd something very similar except in Algarve Blue.

Did it seem like the allocation was extremely hard to get? The 2 dealers I've talked to are basically saying they don't expect any - I've got to assume somewhere in the midwest they'll pop up - its a Cayenne...
Old 05-08-2024, 12:19 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 850 Likes on 466 Posts

Congrats...agree with most of the above. Sport exhaust check...its a Porsche. Also sport design fascia seems to be one also or the full SD package due to the amount of black plastic that folks seem to have comments on regarding their expectations and looks. Others like seats and Rear steering and wheels and leather are very subjective and best advice really is to go look at them at the dealer and read as many comments and evaluations and reviews of cars online and Youtube as you can.. Will give you a better idea as to what is and isn't for you!
Old 05-08-2024, 01:08 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,615 Likes on 1,623 Posts

Originally Posted by jo2134
I used to think the same about it on hybrid and base Cayenne but then I heard a base with sport exhaust and it sounds killer. Hybrid will sound the same.
Yes, but with the engine constantly turning on and off, I don't want to do anything to magnify that. Part of the beauty of the hybrid is the seamlessness of the engine cutting in and out. If you're running the gas engine often enough to enjoy the sport exhaust, I'd suggest a hybrid probably isn't the best choice.

Besides, the exhaust is already valved. If you want louder, just wire the valve open.

Last edited by Needsdecaf; 05-08-2024 at 01:09 PM.
Old 05-31-2024, 01:56 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 850 Likes on 466 Posts

Just received my car this week...first impressions are mostly unchanged. But exhaust is quieter than expected even with PSE. Glad I got it added as most are finding it in short supply as an aftermarket add on from the dealer side and not many options out there yet from the aftermarket folks yet. Just my 2 cents....

Sport design rear fasica

daveo4porsche (05-31-2024)
Old 05-31-2024, 08:01 AM
Thehighest
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went with the PSE and 18 way seats. I sat in both and liked the 18 ways better. Glad to hear about the PSE. My SA was on the fence about it with car being a hybrid.
mdrobc1213 (06-14-2024)

Quick Reply: Cayenne S coupe e hybrid