Sponsored By:

2025+ GTS orders

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2024, 07:09 PM
Ghaley50
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by thigos
Just got a "Manufacturing Complete" email as a data point for the group. TYD has yet to update the timeline which I expect will happen after midnight tonight.

I swiched to a Panamera GTS, so this car is available. If anyone is interested PM me and I'll put you in touch with the dealer.

Build:
https://configurator.porsche.com/en-...dFrom=PS82CT94
You lucky rascal, But I guess not really. You don't even want the car.lol
Old 08-09-2024, 07:54 PM
Madrax
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Were you actually able to place an order for a new build Panamera GTS? My dealer is saying they are not taking orders yet.
Old 08-09-2024, 09:16 PM
thigos
Rennlist Member

Received 358 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by Madrax
Were you actually able to place an order for a new build Panamera GTS? My dealer is saying they are not taking orders yet.
Yeah, I recieved my comission # earlier this week and my order is in. My dealer had recieved 1 allocation when I talked to them and I was able to snag it. I think allocations will continue to roll out over the next month or two.

There is a waiting room thead in the Panamera forum, so we don't take this one too far OT. I linked my build and posted the projected manufacturing timeline there.
https://rennlist.com/forums/panamera...ting-room.html

Last edited by thigos; 08-09-2024 at 09:26 PM.
Old 08-10-2024, 12:32 AM
MAXFPS
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Ghaley50
Was that a slight Flex. ." no pics of my Cayenne TGT like I got for my 992.2" LOL
Ha! This is about the ONLY place where two new Porsches is NOT a flex. Put ‘em both together and you might be able to hang with one lightly used 911 Turbo S, but only good for a down payment on a GT3.
Old 08-10-2024, 01:13 AM
Ghaley50
Racer

Originally Posted by MAXFPS
Ha! This is about the ONLY place where two new Porsches is NOT a flex. Put ‘em both together and you might be able to hang with one lightly used 911 Turbo S, but only good for a down payment on a GT3.
My friend your so modest 😅 congrats !
The following users liked this post:
MAXFPS (08-10-2024)
Old 08-13-2024, 02:08 AM
Bander70
5th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New member...coming from a G05

Hi all...

New member...longtime BMW X5 owner and poster on Bimmerpost. Anyhow...thinking of making the switch...and went into a dealer today. Here's the question...

On the configurator - pricing of an S and a GTS is pretty similar (after the options) to one another (GTS gets some more options vs. the S which you have to pay for). Seems to be a no-brainer for the GTS...am I missing something? What are your thoughts?
Old 08-13-2024, 02:12 AM
Ghaley50
Racer

Originally Posted by Bander70
Hi all...

New member...longtime BMW X5 owner and poster on Bimmerpost. Anyhow...thinking of making the switch...and went into a dealer today. Here's the question...

On the configurator - pricing of an S and a GTS is pretty similar (after the options) to one another (GTS gets some more options vs. the S which you have to pay for). Seems to be a no-brainer for the GTS...am I missing something? What are your thoughts?
Nope ! You're spot on, you will get more bang for your buck with the GTS .
Old 08-13-2024, 10:42 AM
Buckett76
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Bander70
Hi all...

Yep, as Ghaley noted, plus you get a few things included in the GTS you can't option on the S (suspension and power for the most part), so it's a slightly better deal straight up plus a few performance tweaks thrown in. Welcome to the club!
Bander70 (08-14-2024)
Old 08-13-2024, 04:16 PM
Freedom911
5th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello Team GTS!

New member here but past owner of a 991.1 TT so not new to the Porsche brand. I am all in on the new Cayenne Coupe GTS. Check out my build, I am open to any comments, suggestions, complaints, etc.!

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PSBQXXY2
MAXFPS (08-13-2024)
Old 08-13-2024, 04:47 PM
Buckett76
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Freedom911
Hello Team GTS!

New member here but past owner of a 991.1 TT so not new to the Porsche brand. I am all in on the new Cayenne Coupe GTS. Check out my build, I am open to any comments, suggestions, complaints, etc.!

Nice build, welcome back!!

If you want me to spend a bit more of your money , some things I did and would suggest but by no means necessary, in priority order:
- I would add in RAS, will make the car feel smaller around town
- Add ACC, PID is not necessary but if you do highway miles and have had it before I would add it in, for me its a must now I've been spoiled with it, not much use around town but long highway trips its a must for me.
- Consider the CF sport design, will complement your CF interior and door sills and add a bit more contrast to the grey exterior without adding a color
- Given you went black calipers I would also consider black spoiler to round out the contrast exterior, could add in the door handles (I did that too) but that one is a 50/50 call
If you want to keep it under $160k you could drop the Burmester, I waffled on it for my build but I realized I mostly listen to sports and podcasts so a bit of a waste of $5k for my needs and the Bose in my current Cayenne is just fine for my ears.

When does your build lock?

Old 08-13-2024, 05:10 PM
Ghaley50
Racer

Hello Team GTS!

Welcome to the family man's 911..lol
your build is awesome! I think you did a great job with your spec, if I were to add anything it would be PDCC or a combination of RAS/PDCC perhaps the towing capability. I would probably add the carbon mirrors or either hgb door handles and hgb spoiler, I would nix tech package only Check the HUD. I definitely would uncheck the Burmester sound system. That's my 2 cents.
Here's my build for what its worth https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PSBLXLA7

Last edited by Ghaley50; 08-14-2024 at 12:33 AM.
Old 08-13-2024, 06:50 PM
Ron.s
Pro

Received 173 Likes on 135 Posts

Hello Team GTS!

I might have missed it but didn't see prep for dash cam...very inexpensive to get it prewired. Might (probably) can get a feed for a radar detector too.
Old 08-13-2024, 07:03 PM
Ghaley50
Racer

Originally Posted by Ron.s
I might have missed it but didn't see prep for dash cam...very inexpensive to get it prewired. Might (probably) can get a feed for a radar detector too.
Look under interior comfort
Old 08-13-2024, 07:44 PM
retom
Pro

Received 445 Likes on 263 Posts

Small teaser for new GTS owners:

Old 08-13-2024, 11:14 PM
MAXFPS
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts

Hello Team GTS!

Nice build! I have a '24 Cayenne Coupe base, and loved it so much I upgraded everything and now have a totally spec'd '24 Cayenne Coupe Turbo E-Hybrid sitting at the port in Emden awaiting a ship. I hang out here with the GTS cool kids because they have good taste.

A couple suggestions from a current and future owner of the latest Cayenne...
If you want to save a little money, these options offer very little for the large amount Porsche charges for them:
Leather steering column (you can't see this when you're driving at all, and the plastic is not really noticeable even from the passenger's side). The plastic base around the seat controls is more visible if you want to leather wrap, IMHO.
Carbon doors sills (cool but SO expensive and you can only see them when the door is open - carbon mirror caps would show off much better for less). I wondered what color mine even were when I realized my TuxMats actually cover them.
Black brake calipers - these are standard on the base, so it's galling Porsche charges $900 to "upgrade" a GTS with this paint color. On your arctic grey, I think the standard red calipers look amazing and they match the red reflectors on the vehicle side/rear, IMHO.

Excellent choice on the carbon fiber trim. I have it in my base and re-ordered on my TEH. I love the look.
Interiors on these can get very "batcave" dark. The configurer brightens them up to more grey so they'll show up, but the black is deep black. Not much interior lighting at night either. I have the chalk+black leather interior in my base and with the black headliner, it's still quite dark. New rear passengers have had a hard time finding the black door pulls on the black doors with the tinted windows. It shows every crumb and mark from elbows that had suntan lotion on them. Just something to keep in mind. I went Kalahari race-tex headliner on my next one to brighten it up.
The tech package is awesome, and do not let anyone here hate on the passenger screen. It's the single most impressive thing to any passenger, even if the dream of watching Netflix on a roadtrip is not quite real and it's not that useful. $ per cool, it's worth every penny!
You're most of the way to the premium package already, and I can highly recommend the leather interior. Hate to see the steering column wrapped in leather and the seats not, but I don't think you can get "GTS" on the headrests with leather, which is odd.
Burmeister opinions vary by Porsche model, but it's a lot that could be spent elsewhere if you haven't heard it vs. the Bose. I have the Bose and liked it enough to get it again. It needs the base turned up, but the Cayenne is well insulated enough that it's plenty powerful and sounds great.
I ordered Rear Wheel Steer on my TEH as I miss not having it. My wife has it on her Lexus TX and its amazing, and I've not heard one bad thing about it from Cayenne owners. I also ordered PDCC, which I've heard middling accounts on how much it helps roll on 911s, but consensus is it helps a lot more on the heavy taller vehicles like the Cayenne.
I ordered Innodrive as I don't have it on the base, and for a highway cruiser the Lane Keeping Assist and Lane Centering are nice haves. I only have LKA on the base and it's pretty sensitive even at its lowest and beeps at you a lot. Lane Centering I hope will reduce that.
You might want ventilated seats. There's a lot of glass in these and I use mine all summer.
Good job choosing the compass on the sport chrono - the clock with 0-60 I still haven't figured why anyone would use it.
The grab handles are one of the coolest visual things in the car. I went red seatbelts and chalk grab handles in my next one, and am regretting not just going red grab handles for a bit more color pop.

Hope that's of use! It's an amazing car and you're going to love it!
Bander70 (08-14-2024)

Quick Reply: 2025+ GTS orders