Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2024 model air suspension problem?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2024, 06:09 AM
wexford911
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2024 model air suspension problem?

Hi all,

I just wondering is this normal or I have a leak on my air suspension system, my car only have about 700km on the clock!

I noticing after the car been parked on my drive for few days, the rear suspension seem to going down to loading level. It seem the right side is much lower to the left side, is this normal or I have a leak?

when I start the engine the car will go back to normal height. I don’t have any warning lights.

TIA

Roy
Old 04-11-2024, 12:03 PM
canuckporsche
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by wexford911
Hi all,

I just wondering is this normal or I have a leak on my air suspension system, my car only have about 700km on the clock!

I noticing after the car been parked on my drive for few days, the rear suspension seem to going down to loading level. It seem the right side is much lower to the left side, is this normal or I have a leak?

when I start the engine the car will go back to normal height. I don’t have any warning lights.

TIA

Roy
I didn’t observe the symptoms you are describing, but my 2024 TGT had this 3 hour recall work performed yesterday. Recall WRA8. Re-programming control unit for chassis control PASM. Performed WRA8 scope.
Old 04-11-2024, 12:27 PM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 716 Likes on 498 Posts

Hi all,

TIA

Roy
While a different air suspension in my 2021 GTS, I have had the rears drop while parked for several hours in extremely cold conditions (-30C). the dealer told me it as normal. Oddly the front air springs did not drop in the same conditions. In any event, a visit to the dealer for your problem is in order. best to take a picture of the car when it is sagging to show to the dealer.
Old 04-11-2024, 01:45 PM
V999
Rennlist Member

Received 365 Likes on 220 Posts

I had a controller module that needed replacement on my ‘24 CS with air suspension. But I got a chassis error about it. That dealer visit wound up being a two month thing, with the service folks discovering a number of additional issues under the car. It all got sorted out, and Porsche took good care of me after it was resolved.

Take it to the dealer and let them look into it. Hopefully it’ll be something simple like just needing a new controller.
The following users liked this post:
mc.porsche (05-14-2024)
Old 04-11-2024, 02:06 PM
rdboxster
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 189 Posts

Air suspension can develop slow leaks over time, years typically, and leak in extreme cold. Being new and unlikely extreme cold best to head to the dealer. Detail out the length of time it takes to lose a noticeable amount of air and the weather conditions. These slow leaks can be difficult to diagnose so plan an either leaving at the dealer for a while or return visits. The newer air suspensions are pretty reliable. My 2nd Cayenne with air and no problems to report. Big difference from the allroads I had several years ago with the 1st gen air suspensions.

Last edited by rdboxster; 04-11-2024 at 02:09 PM.
Old 04-11-2024, 02:54 PM
wexford911
Intermediate

Car is parked on the drive in sunny Spain. Currently the temperature here is about 10c to 15c at night and 20c to 28c during the day.

when I used to live in the cold and wet of Ireland with the older generation cayenne (958.1 & 958.2), I never had any problem with the air suspension.

I thought maybe it is a new feature for easy access lol.

Thanks for all the replies, I will give the dealer a call and see what they gonna do about it.
Old 04-11-2024, 02:55 PM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

Received 366 Likes on 265 Posts

Hi all,

TIA

Roy
Only heard these issues with owners that had an air suspension problem that had to be fixed.

My 96,000 mile 9Y0 Cayenne S air suspension still working correctly, leveled, no air leaks, and working as design.
Old 04-11-2024, 05:34 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,241 Likes on 609 Posts

Definitely get it addressed. It should not sag. Also, it tends to get worse over time and more expensive to repair.

I had a major $$$ lesson with 958 (previous gen Cayenne) air suspension. Its one corner was sagging if parked for a few days since I got the truck. I thought it was normal. It started to get worse, but I had no time to deal with it due to move from US to Canada. Eventually, just a few weeks after warranty ran out, I got an error message. Once we started parsing what happened, it went from bad to worse - the slow leak in one strut caused the compressor to work overtime, especially after I moved to a colder climate, and eventually the compressor burned out. But even before that, the part that removed moisture from the pumped air stopped working (likely got saturated because new air was pumped all the time) and there was condensation everywhere in the system. They had to replace a whole bunch of valves, sensors and lines to get it all to work, and they had to replace one other strut because the moisture killed a sensor or a valve that could not be replaced separately. And all this unfolded over several months - at first, they only replaced what obviously did not work, but once they replaced one part, soon something else would go bad. So eventually, they replaced almost everything that was likely to hold moisture or be damaged by it, and that put an end to problems, but at a very high cost (the warranty did not work anymore, but after some point, the dealer started to charge me for work at cost out of goodwill).

Lesson - don't let air suspension issues linger. If I replaced it earlier, it would have been just one strut and would have been covered by warranty.
Schnave (04-15-2024)
Old 05-14-2024, 04:30 PM
mc.porsche
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last edited by mc.porsche; 05-14-2024 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Meant to quote an earlier comment
Old 05-14-2024, 04:34 PM
mc.porsche
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by V999
I had a controller module that needed replacement on my ‘24 CS with air suspension. But I got a chassis error about it. That dealer visit wound up being a two month thing, with the service folks discovering a number of additional issues under the car. It all got sorted out, and Porsche took good care of me after it was resolved.

Take it to the dealer and let them look into it. Hopefully it’ll be something simple like just needing a new controller.
+++++++++++++++++++++

I think I have the same suspension issue. You mentioned "discovering a number of additional issues". Would you mind sharing what those were? Would like to get everything checked/addressed at the same time during service.
Old 05-14-2024, 05:27 PM
V999
Rennlist Member

Received 365 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by mc.porsche
+++++++++++++++++++++

I think I have the same suspension issue. You mentioned "discovering a number of additional issues". Would you mind sharing what those were? Would like to get everything checked/addressed at the same time during service.
I started the following thread to share info about it:

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...cayenne-s.html
mc.porsche (05-14-2024)
Old 05-15-2024, 06:11 AM
wexford911
Intermediate

My car had been in the Porsche garage for more than two weeks now, they have replaced the control module and it is still dropping. They going to replace the air suspension it self next.

Unfortunately I am not as lucky as you guys in the US, they don’t have any Porsche loaner car, so they loaned me an Audi Q3 instead 😡
Old 05-16-2024, 08:40 PM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

Received 366 Likes on 265 Posts

Hi all,

TIA

Roy
Take it to the dealer ASAP..

Old 05-17-2024, 03:08 AM
bluonek1k
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

My car had been in the Porsche garage for more than two weeks now, they have replaced the control module and it is still dropping. They going to replace the air suspension it self next.

Unfortunately I am not as lucky as you guys in the US, they don’t have any Porsche loaner car, so they loaned me an Audi Q3 instead 😡
Sad. While there is no promise to treat you right, there is also no promise you ever buy from them again. Likely a year or two later the entire staff will be dropped and replaced, if the dealership is even still there.

Quick Reply: 2024 model air suspension problem?