Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Chalk Leather

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2024, 09:50 AM
TXSchnee
Racer

Received 185 Likes on 114 Posts

Have the Chalk/Black leather in my Taycan. It looks pretty good after a year and a half, and I don't clean it as often as I should (time limitations with kids). Definitely go for the combo, it looks really high end.
Old 04-24-2024, 10:29 AM
Ironman88
Rennlist Member

Received 2,178 Likes on 1,148 Posts

Originally Posted by mafpolo
Does Colorurlock protect teh other parts of the leather on the full leather interior, such as the dash, upper parts of the doors, center console, and the grab handles? I want to protect the center console from arms/elbow stains and the grab handles from hand stains. Also....the steering wheel from hand oils. Any reason NOT to use the Gyeon leather ceramic product? According to Gyeon and others, the leather (non club leather) on most cars today have a clear-coat, which needs protection.
Gyeon makes some good products. I use Gyeon prep on the exterior finish sometimes. I have no idea about the effectiveness of their interior products however.

Colourlock leather shield will take care of any of the leather you've mentioned.

I would be careful in applying leather conditioner (of any kind) to your dash however. If you do so, I would apply it very sparingly. You would not want any product to interfere with or possibly jeopardize the bond that the leather has to the subsurface of the dash in particular.

Colourlock is a unique company in leather care in that they have personnel placed in the Porsche, Mercedes, BMW production facilities assigned to address leather "issues or repairs" that are needed on new cars that have come through the new car production process. Colourlock is the go-to source for the German car manufacturers - they know what they're doing with the formulation of their products.

Old 04-24-2024, 10:49 AM
retom
Pro

Received 337 Likes on 206 Posts

I have tried many leather cleaning and conditioning products. In my opinion, Leatherique was the best. It is used a little differently than other products of this type and its application takes time, but it is definitely the most effective product of all the ones I know.

Quick Reply: Chalk Leather