Sponsored By:

2024 Cayenne Vs Panamera

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2024, 05:10 AM
MJM888
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
Default 2024 Cayenne Vs Panamera

Ok, I know these are altogether different vehicles and I would be comparing apples and oranges , but I thought someone might be contemplating the same decision.

I really like both facelifts of the Cayenne and Panamera and now both interiors look similar.
Although the new Cayenne looks great and has a higher view, I’m obsessed with the Panamera’s revamped design and full colored interior options. My main concern is that it’s low and for a daily car and long trips it would hurt my back more than it already does. Have tried 911 seats and they were not comfortable at all for my back

The Cayenne also offers more trims including the Cayenne S which I have my eyes set on as it now comes with the V8. Compared with the base Panamera, the second trim offered currently where I am (Panamera turbo) is above my budget. So as a matter of performance , Cayenne S scores here.

Essentially looking for a daily car that’s fun to drive and good for long trips

any thoughts on this or on experiences driving both cars would be much appreciated!

Old 03-16-2024, 07:37 AM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,333 Likes on 978 Posts

Apples and oranges.

You need the space of an SUV or you don’t.

Do you need the space of an SUV?
Old 03-16-2024, 08:08 AM
justabout
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 218 Posts

If this was me deciding, the priorities would be in this order:
1) comfort
2) powertrain
3) price

My first Panamera had the 6, and decided would never do that again because the V8 is so much smoother.

Big plus for the Panamera is the PDK. I have a 22 Cayenne GTS and it’s an amazing machine for an SUV but whenever I drive the Panamera I’m reminded how much more sporty the PDK is.

Your decision is not that difficult in my opinion, given your choices.
Old 03-16-2024, 08:32 AM
MJM888
Advanced

Originally Posted by chassis
Apples and oranges.

You need the space of an SUV or you don’t.

Do you need the space of an SUV?
not really, I’m considering an SUV only because for comfort and practicality + the higher view
Old 03-16-2024, 08:35 AM
MJM888
Advanced

Originally Posted by justabout
If this was me deciding, the priorities would be in this order:
1) comfort
2) powertrain
3) price

My first Panamera had the 6, and decided would never do that again because the V8 is so much smoother.

Big plus for the Panamera is the PDK. I have a 22 Cayenne GTS and it’s an amazing machine for an SUV but whenever I drive the Panamera I’m reminded how much more sporty the PDK is.

Your decision is not that difficult in my opinion, given your choices.
Thanks for your feedback! i agree on the sequence of priorities. I’ve driven the Cayenne S & base model, the v8 S was significantly smooth and fun to drive, have not tried the Panamera though so not sure what a v6 Panamera feels like

Last edited by MJM888; 03-16-2024 at 08:38 AM.
Old 03-16-2024, 09:08 AM
mk85911
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 96 Posts

I passed on a 2014 Panamera GTS , a wonderful car, because it didn’t have any spare tire, whereas the 2024 Cayenne has a collapsible spare tire. Mike

Last edited by mk85911; 03-16-2024 at 09:24 AM.
Old 03-16-2024, 12:21 PM
Woofman
Burning Brakes

Received 521 Likes on 316 Posts

I would have ordered a Panamera when I got an allocation for one in 2022 if they hadn't been arriving without all ordered features. I wasn't going to spend that much and risk being disappointed when it arrived months later. So I bought a new in-stock Cayenne that had the most important features that I would have ordered on the Panamera. The Cayenne I bought is "OK" but I loved the Panamera which seemed much more like a sports car.

The worst aspect of the Cayenne is that my diminutive increasingly handicapped wife has had terrible difficulty getting into it. Her health has declined to the point that I have to lift her into the Cayenne which has resulting in us now using her Prius when she goes anywhere which has for months been only to medical appointments. She would easily be able to get into a Panamera. It has also been a challenge for some of our female friends to climb into the Cayenne but they have managed.

The Cayenne has a little more rear seat headroom and legroom than the standard wheelbase Panamera but the Panamera is available with much nicer rear seat amenities including a power seat cushion squab adjustment like the front seats have. The Panamera has more than enough cargo space at 17.4 cu. ft. with the rear seats in use. Our last full size Lexus LS sedan had 13.9 cu. ft. of trunk space which was plenty for carrying luggage for four adults on extended trips.

An Autogefühl review on YouTube that I watched yesterday seemed to indicate that an extended wheelbase "Executive" Panamera will continue to be available although it is not yet shown on the U.S. configurator. Assuming that the price difference for the long wheelbase version remains modest, I would probably go with it to get much more rear seat legroom. Here's a link to the Autogefühl 2024 Panamera review:

The following 2 users liked this post by Woofman:
ThomasWShea (03-16-2024), Vapordan (03-16-2024)
Old 03-16-2024, 01:30 PM
mc-pgts
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

The Panamera is very low, so it has a different kind of difficulties getting into and out of. My wife has some difficulty getting in and out of it. I have to help my mother into and out of it even though she is quite small. It's actually easier for her to climb up into our X3 and my sisters Cayenne than the Panamera. We love the Panamera GTS but are switching to the Cayenne.

Go to your dealer and get in and out several times and also just sit there for 30 minutes in the seats you are considering.
Old 03-16-2024, 02:30 PM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MJM888
not really, I’m considering an SUV only because for comfort and practicality + the higher view
Fair points. What kind of practicality do you have in mind?
Old 03-16-2024, 03:22 PM
MJM888
Advanced

Originally Posted by chassis
Fair points. What kind of practicality do you have in mind?
To easily get in and out of the car especially with elder family members, and a smooth ride over speed bumps / bumpy roads
Old 03-16-2024, 03:33 PM
blackpearl2015
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

So, we have a Cayenne and a Panamera. Both are 2023 models. For me, the Panamera all day long. We have the 18 way seats in the Panamera and it is extremely comfortable and I have a bad back as well. The Panamera has more space than you think and honestly we will likely get rid of the Cayenne well before the Panamera. Both are fun to drive but the Panamera just is more fun for us. Like what was said above, apples and oranges. If you like to be high and have more space, get the Cayenne but if you want a car get the Panamera (space is quite good as well). For me, not even close between the two.
Old 03-16-2024, 04:39 PM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MJM888
To easily get in and out of the car especially with elder family members, and a smooth ride over speed bumps / bumpy roads
Cayenne. Take the elders to the Porsche dealer and have them test ingress and egress from a Panny. Please report back.
Old 03-16-2024, 04:43 PM
ThomasWShea
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 268 Posts

with the panamera, with the 8000$ optional suspension, the issue of getting in and out is moot. and lower is going to be better handling because u will have a lower center of gravity. can’t fight physics.

it would just be a matter of if you wanted an elevated driving position or some other suv benefit.

the panamera has a sill you need to lift items over while loading. suv will be straight in loading and unloading. if you are moving heavy stuff like boxes of stuff from costco the suv will be easier to load in and out of.

if this is not a car for chores like going to costco, and it is just the driving i would go panamera all the way. they are more lux on the interior.

Last edited by ThomasWShea; 03-16-2024 at 10:18 PM.
Old 03-16-2024, 04:48 PM
Kalson
Instructor

Received 89 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by mc-pgts
The Panamera is very low, so it has a different kind of difficulties getting into and out of. My wife has some difficulty getting in and out of it. I have to help my mother into and out of it even though she is quite small. It's actually easier for her to climb up into our X3 and my sisters Cayenne than the Panamera. We love the Panamera GTS but are switching to the Cayenne.

Go to your dealer and get in and out several times and also just sit there for 30 minutes in the seats you are considering.
The 2024 .2 Panamera can lift itself up very high to help you get in. So the "very low and hard to get in" problem is gone now. (21:16 into the video)

Last edited by Kalson; 03-16-2024 at 04:52 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Kalson:
i386_64 (05-15-2024), Macduff (05-14-2024)
Old 03-16-2024, 06:27 PM
mc-pgts
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

wow, that's pretty cool. Our '15 GTS doesn't do that.

Quick Reply: 2024 Cayenne Vs Panamera