Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2024 Porsche Cayenne review

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2024, 01:05 PM
craina
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 81 Posts

My wife's '21 base slicktop (16k miles) is full of creaks, rattles, and squeaks. Seem to primarily be coming from the front seats and rear cargo area. We both enjoy driving the car but I am pretty disappointed with the interior build quality. Wife doesn't seem to mind it as much which is all that matters. FWIW my 2010 Lexus GX with 10x the miles is holding up better on the inside...
Old 09-10-2024, 02:10 PM
sasuke
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

12k miles the 24 TGT and it has been flawless. Only maintenance was 10k miles service and new set of tires + alignment.
Old 09-23-2024, 12:11 PM
tarzancoe
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

We've been driving a 2024 Cayenne Base for nearly a year, racking up 10.5k miles on the 20" wheels with the standard suspension. We skipped the air suspension to avoid any potential headaches, especially since we usually put high miles on our cars (our last 2016 Cayenne hit 170k miles before we traded it in). No creaks or issues so far—the car feels rock-solid. I’m a big fan of the "normal" mode for freeway cruising, even though it’s somewhat sluggish when you need to pass or change lanes quickly. That’s when I switch to sport mode—same for curvy ramps or whenever I want to avoid body roll. The steering wheel dial makes that super convenient.

On mountain roads, it’s got more than enough acceleration for most situations, but it still comes down to the driver’s skill—after all, it's a pretty big vehicle.

As for the interior quirks—honestly, they’re not that bad. Compared to the previous generation (I’ve driven loaners), I find the new interface much improved. Stuff like the gear selector or the cheap-feeling plastic button console feel odd at first, but you forget about it once you get used to it. And having the full leather up front? It definitely adds a nice touch, we like it. However, if you’re more performance-focused, you could probably skip it and throw the $4k into performance upgrades instead.

Regarding the stop-start feature, I agree that does stop prematurely before you finish your maneuver. I found that if you stop pressing the brake it starts again, but it gets tricky because at that point, you want to stop. I just use the sport button dial to avoid it and use the extra steering wheel button for managing the radio

The profiles are confusing, so we use just one and the memory settings on the doors.

In conclusion, love the car, quiet, spacious, and comfortable. Can push it when needed. A few small quirks but nothing unlivable.
The following 3 users liked this post by tarzancoe:
chassis (09-23-2024), Fahrfun (09-23-2024), iiAtlas (09-23-2024)

Quick Reply: 2024 Porsche Cayenne review