• Side window trims
  • Front bumper slat inserts
  • Front air intake slats
So exactly what I said....
Old 03-15-2024, 04:00 PM
Sammersam
Racer

Received 95 Likes on 67 Posts

No, that is standard on the S coupe. Not part of the Extended Exterior package.
The following users liked this post:
AaronGTS (03-15-2024)
Old 03-15-2024, 04:59 PM
Tedster
Rennlist Member

Received 318 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by AaronGTS
I'm just getting the 20" wheels that come with the car. I plan on ordering the same aftermarket wheels I have on my 2023 Macon GTS but in a 23" size (Vossen HF-5)

Remember that with the standard wheels you get the black rubber fender trim rather than body color. Thats a deal breaker for me. Especially if you are paying for the sports design package which eliminates most of the other black rubber parts.
BlackRider (03-25-2024)
Old 03-15-2024, 05:58 PM
kwrudy123
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an order in as well for a Cayenne S E-Hybrid. This will be my 17th Porsche in the last 20 years, so needless to say, I like the brand! I chose the compass feature on the dial vs. the standard digital/analog clock because I think it is really cool to see your direction of travel at all times, plus you still get a digital readout of both the time and the temperature. I like the way the compass spins based on your direction.

As for the HUD, I had one on my last Taycan and it was just OK. Given the high customizability of the new Cayenne digital dash (same as in the Taycan), I didn't find the repetitive information in the HUD to be that useful. If this were the new Macan EV, I would think differently since that HUD is introducing augmented reality into the HUD that projects directions onto your road ahead, similar to what Mercedes' augmented reality navigation does. That is a much better use case for a HUD than just repeating what you could have in your digital dashboard just inches below the HUD projection.

I hope this helps.
AaronGTS (03-15-2024)
Old 03-15-2024, 11:00 PM
AaronGTS
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Tedster
Remember that with the standard wheels you get the black rubber fender trim rather than body color. Thats a deal breaker for me. Especially if you are paying for the sports design package which eliminates most of the other black rubber parts.
Thats 100% not true... I have the Full Sports Design package so everything is body color and includes extended wheel arches in body color see below ... See the picture below with the small 20" wheel and body colored extended arches.

UPDATE: My Porsche Rep just confirmed that it doesn't matter what size wheel you order 20", 21" or 22" IF you get the Full Sports Design package you get the extended color matched arches. He said 20" wont look right with the extended arches but you still get it.

Last edited by AaronGTS; 03-16-2024 at 04:27 PM.
BlackRider (03-25-2024)
Old 03-16-2024, 05:28 AM
MJM888
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by AaronGTS
Hey everyone!

Just looking for some guidance... I have a March allocation with a June delivery, so I have another week before I have to finalize my order before it gets locked in.

I'm debating on 2 options:

Heads-Up Display?
Chrono Clock ($1,400) or Compass (Included w/Coupe)

My Order Summary as of today:

Cayenne S Coupe
Arctic Grey
Bordeaux Red Interior
Sport Design Package in High Gloss Black
Sports Exhaust System in Dark Bronze
Porsche Logo in Rear Gloss Black
Adaptive Air (PASM)
Sport Chrono w/Compass??
HD-Matrix Design LED BLACK
Exclusive Design Tailights
Porsche Crest on front head rests
Seat belts in bordeaux
Heated GT steering wheel in leather
HEADS UP DISPLAY??
Ambient lighting
BOSE surround sound

Total MSRP: $131,320.00

I wouldn’t get the heads up display, I find it very distracting and in my test drive I didn’t like how it was at night (had a weird square background) compared to my Mercedes Benz. Would save the bucks or use it for another option

compass clock for sure, looks way classier

Old 03-17-2024, 09:01 PM
retom
Racer

Received 285 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by MJM888
I wouldn’t get the heads up display, I find it very distracting and in my test drive I didn’t like how it was at night (had a weird square background) compared to my Mercedes Benz. Would save the bucks or use it for another option

You can always turn the head up display off.
Old 03-17-2024, 09:02 PM
retom
Racer

Deleted

Last edited by retom; 03-17-2024 at 09:03 PM.
Old 03-20-2024, 07:19 PM
MJM888
Advanced

Originally Posted by retom
You can always turn the head up display off.
then what’s the point of adding it?
AaronGTS (03-20-2024)
Old 03-20-2024, 07:24 PM
retom
Racer

then what’s the point of adding it?
Because maybe another driver will want it and it will be easier for you to sell the car in the future. Head-up display is becoming a standard in premium cars and most drivers want to have it.
Old 03-20-2024, 07:29 PM
MJM888
Advanced

Originally Posted by retom
Because maybe another driver will want it and it will be easier for you to sell the car in the future. Head-up display is becoming a standard in premium cars and most drivers want to have it.
agreed that it comes standard in most premium cars (especially cars of the same price range by competitors) at this price point, Porsche offers it as an additional spec and a costly option
Old 03-20-2024, 07:35 PM
George from MD
Drifting

Received 354 Likes on 209 Posts

The HUD is well worth it IMO.
Old 03-20-2024, 08:10 PM
jo2134
Instructor

Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts

You’ll only regret NOT getting options. Get the HUD
The following 3 users liked this post by jo2134:
George from MD (03-20-2024), Kalson (03-21-2024), Porsche Newbee (03-20-2024)
Old 03-21-2024, 01:03 AM
Kalson
Instructor

Received 85 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by jo2134
You’ll only regret NOT getting options. Get the HUD
Exactly! At this vehicle price point, the cost of HUD is minimal. For me, I'd rather have the options and never use them (*cough* passenger display) than not have it and wish I did.

Was the passenger display a waste of money? Yes
Have a lost a minute of sleep over the money? No
Are there other options I got "just to have" that turned out to be really appreciated? Absolutely
Will the HUD display increase your resale (to recoup part of your purchase cost)? Yes

Even the useless passenger display, at least it's a conversation piece when people ride in the car for the first time. LOL

Toothmechanic (03-22-2024)
Old 03-21-2024, 02:01 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 733 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche Newbee
My S E hybrid coupe started getting built March 6 with TYD finish date of March 25. Puddle lights are a nice touch under the doors for only a few hundred bucks. Wish now I did sport exhaust but too late
Mine started build 7 March with June delivery also...skipped puddle lights too gimmicky and purely aesthetics and after all wouldn't even notice them...but sports exhaust YES went with that as it is more to do later especially finding a dealer to re-code it after the fact. Plus it is a Porsche and should sound as such!
Originally Posted by Porsche Newbee
And yes as suggested 💯. Had it in test drive car and a must have again at a marginal cost
Yes have it in my Taycan and its very useful especially when driving in unknown/unfamiliar areas!
Originally Posted by jo2134
Rear axle steering is an amazing option. My 24’ Cayenne S is the first car I’ve had with it and it is now a must in my book. Get the Porsche crests on rear headrests since you’re already getting the front. I only got front and now regret it. If you live in a cold climate heated windshield is a very nice option as it prevents condensation without the defroster blasting. Consider getting larger wheels - the standard wheels may look out of place since you have the Sport Design Package. Go for the Head Up display. You’ll only regret NOT getting it.

Other options I would add now if given the opportunity:

Innodrive with ALK (just for ALK)
Power sun blinds for rear windows
Deviated stitching
Interior grab handles in leather or race-tex
Model designation on center console lid
Model designation decal on door
Innodrive sucks from what I've read mostly....power blinds...really not needed unless I guess you give in desert/really hot areas.....grab handles....wear and tear long term would give a thought...and model designation door NO...center console yes. Would add headrest crests tho if I did model on console lid and deviated stitching most who have it love it...spices up interior very well.
Originally Posted by myleekirkland
Congratulations on your coupe!

Did you consider adding the Premium Plus package of $7,010 to your build? If you do a cost comparison, I think it’s few hundred dollars more and you get these extra options:
  • 4 zone climate control
  • 14 way seats (many owners have claimed these are more comfortable than 8 way seats. You should try to sit in seats at dealership to test.)
  • Surround view (recommended by owners. I got the package just for this option.)
  • ACC
Sit in seats first before you buy...I have 8 ways in my Carrera as only I drive it so no need for multiple power setting as in 3+ yrs of ownership I set it and go and its only re-set if say I take the car in for service or am cleaning/detailing the interior. But on my Cayenne I went with the 18 way ones for comfort and adjustability. ACC I did add as it does help when you are in traffic if you live somewhere where it can be bad or long road trips but skipped INNODRIVE as heard it just isn't up to par from many who have it. Surround sound is a MUST...its a large vehicle an spaces seem close than they are in the mirrors and body shop repairs and insurance deductible cost more than just the option alone! My thought...2 cents. GL

Quick Reply: 2024 Cayenne S Order