Matrix Headlights Functionality For USA? - Not For a While

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2024, 01:56 PM
retom
Pro

Received 462 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
This is so dumb.

Unfortunately I don't have Matrix LED's on my Cayenne...because Porsche decided I wasn't worthy of them (although they did try to make it up to me later). But that's another story.

In any event, I have a BMW M3 with adaptive Laser lights and have enabled the ROW matrix anti-dazzle adaptive highbeam pattern. They are stunning. They activate in all kinds of conditions I never would think, including when following behind multiple cars AND oncoming traffic. They illuminate the sides of the road, road signs, shoulders, past cars in front of me into the oncoming lane (when no cars oncoming of course), etc. Given the fact that I am in the suburbs and it's well lit, I didn't expect them to be this active. But to my surprise they are.

But I have yet to be flashed by oncoming traffic even ONCE.

It's so ridiculous that we're required to turn this functionality off.
I don't know if you managed to turn on the full functionality of the laser headlights in your BMW because as far as I know, in USA the range of laser headlights has been also limited in comparison to the same headlights installed in the cars for European markets.
Old 02-19-2024, 09:50 PM
bearcat2000
Instructor

Received 148 Likes on 77 Posts

Why are people still complaining when they can get 9xx to code them for full functionality. Just do it.
Old 02-21-2024, 05:03 AM
jtorrebl
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by bearcat2000
Why are people still complaining when they can get 9xx to code them for full functionality. Just do it.
how much?
Old 02-21-2024, 09:30 AM
Woofman
Burning Brakes

Received 568 Likes on 350 Posts

Originally Posted by jtorrebl
how much?
The charge varies depending on your location and terms you agree to. It has been lower for those who have come to him in the Atlanta area. The lowest charge I've seen him publicize was $500.

I thought the cost was fairly trivial in light of the approximately $125K in total I paid for my Cayenne during the first few weeks ... vehicle cost, sales tax, tow hitch, winter wheels and tires, etc.

Old 02-21-2024, 01:18 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,619 Likes on 1,627 Posts

Originally Posted by retom
I don't know if you managed to turn on the full functionality of the laser headlights in your BMW because as far as I know, in USA the range of laser headlights has been also limited in comparison to the same headlights installed in the cars for European markets.

My car thinks it's in Europe so it has full functionality on the headlights. It also thinks it's an M3 CS as far as the steering, transmission and differential tuning goes.
Old 02-22-2024, 05:33 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 640 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
My car thinks it's in Europe so it has full functionality on the headlights. It also thinks it's an M3 CS as far as the steering, transmission and differential tuning goes.
Must be fun using the in car satnav.
Old 02-25-2024, 03:49 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 853 Likes on 468 Posts

Originally Posted by Woofman
The charge varies depending on your location and terms you agree to. It has been lower for those who have come to him in the Atlanta area. The lowest charge I've seen him publicize was $500.

I thought the cost was fairly trivial in light of the approximately $125K in total I paid for my Cayenne during the first few weeks ... vehicle cost, sales tax, tow hitch, winter wheels and tires, etc.
Am in that geographic area...may have to reach out and look and see how to get this done when my arrives.

Quick Reply: Matrix Headlights Functionality For USA? - Not For a While