Sponsored By:

Cayenne 2022 build quality during COVID

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2023, 05:27 PM
rkw2022
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cayenne 2022 build quality during COVID

Have you seen this? I ordered, during COVID, a 2022 base model and added options as I could not get the S model due to engine issues. This car has had many unsafe and annoying issues (Auto start/stop - random function, Park Assist- overly fast during function, Emergency hard breaking for no reason, Auto High Beam not functioning and a random stutter / lurch while exiting my driveway). The dealer was able to reload the software and correct the Park Assist, auto start/stop, High Beam. We have yet to find a solution to the random emergency braking and the stutter / lurch issue. The dealer and Porsche America do not want to recognize the stutter / lurch as they can't yet duplicate. It happens 2-3 x per week. The vehicle has been in and out of the shop 50+ days. My contention is this car never was quality tested at the factory with the options installed and the dealer does not have the software quality tools to debug the stutter/lurch (a random new issue not programmed is hard to find). This car is the most frustrating vehicle I have ever owned. I have attempted to get Porshe to buy it back or really fix it without success. My question - have any of you seen this type of issues during the COVID builds? Suggestions / comments welcome.
Old 12-02-2023, 05:51 PM
justabout
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 239 Posts

A few missing pieces (minor stuff), misaligned front end and VERY toothy clear coat. I have to keep a coat of wax on it otherwise everything sticks to it. Never experienced a paint job like this one. Electronics are working as expected except some wonky auto high beam activation. Sometimes it forgets to operate.
Old 12-02-2023, 06:30 PM
Titanium5150
Instructor

Received 100 Likes on 63 Posts

Lemon Law that beotch.

Do it sooner rather than later.

Quick Reply: Cayenne 2022 build quality during COVID