Fuel Additives?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2023, 10:25 AM
Abdulaziz Alj
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Additives?

Hello

the local dealer here in Kuwait offer fuel additives from brand named Forte, along with "gas cleaner and injector cleaner" package for around $65, the price is reasonable considering it's Porsche but I am not sure if it's the best option for me? also other brands doesn't violate the warranty so why don't I choose the best ?

other brands option I can get LIQUI MOLY, STP

please advice
Old 10-16-2023, 11:13 AM
Silververtu
Pro

Received 235 Likes on 175 Posts

When the dealer said gas cleaner and injector cleaner "package", is it just adding a bottle of fuel system cleaner or they are going to connect the fuel line to a machine for cleaning? If it is just adding a bottle of fuel system cleaner ($10-18 USD per bottle), then $65 is very expensive. If they are going to connect to a machine to flush/clean the fuel / injection system ($150-230 USD in the US non-Porsche dealers), then $65 is great price.
Old 10-16-2023, 04:17 PM
911dude41
Drifting

Received 1,233 Likes on 709 Posts

Originally Posted by Abdulaziz Alj
Hello

the local dealer here in Kuwait offer fuel additives from brand named Forte, along with "gas cleaner and injector cleaner" package for around $65, the price is reasonable considering it's Porsche but I am not sure if it's the best option for me? also other brands doesn't violate the warranty so why don't I choose the best ?

other brands option I can get LIQUI MOLY, STP

please advice
From what I've seen and tested in a country that neighbors you to the north, fuel quality no good even though that's where the good good stuff comes from.

That fuel system injector cleaner you speak of can be bought for $3-$7 in a gas station in the US/Canada. You simply pour it in your gas tank.

If you want the best, buy your own products from VP racing fuels. They make good additives and they come in larger containers.

Quick Reply: Fuel Additives?