Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2023, 11:38 AM
Shred
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Default PCM Car Image

Hi
Porsche messed up the coding of my car.
The dash sports chrono clock is no longer working now and the settings for it disappeared from the PCM settings. I can see the image of my dash on the PCM is now missing the sports chrono.

Under Vehicles, Is the image of the car supposed to the same too?
It is currently displaying the wrong exhaust tails.
how about the seat colours?

thanks!

Old 09-04-2023, 07:42 PM
Schnave
Rennlist Member

Received 2,656 Likes on 1,386 Posts

The PCM display seems to accurately display interior options on individual screens but doesn’t do a good job with the exterior.

For instance, this graphic correctly depicts the clock, Sport Chrono dial, and even the Turbo label on the tachometer.

The exterior isn’t quite as accurate. While it correctly depicts a Turbo, It appears to be a bone-stock Turbo with white PSCB’s, standard exhaust, no roof rails, and no Sport Design Package.

The My Porsche app and web site, however, correctly depict all my options, except for ACC. It even shows the Porsche crests on the correctly colored 14-way seats in mine and 18-way’s in my wife’s Turbo.

​​​​​​​My Porsche depiction:

​​​​​​​My Porsche depiction of wife’s Turbo. Note the headrests of the 18-way’s.

The following users liked this post:
CayenneFrank (09-04-2023)
Old 09-04-2023, 07:51 PM
Schnave
Rennlist Member

Received 2,656 Likes on 1,386 Posts

In this thread, Laki021 and I discussed this. He also was disappointed with the poor representation in the PCM.

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...connect-4.html

Originally Posted by Laki021
What I like about the Connect app is that you see a nice image of your car. Everything is correct, color, model, wheels, seats, breaks, really looks cool from all the angles.

So what I don’t understand is, why in the PCM it shows ugly, white, base Cayenne with base 19 inch wheels, quite ruins the experience.
​​​​
He posted images of his Quartzite Gray GTS Coupé in the PCM, My Porsche, and actual vehicle.

Old 09-05-2023, 02:03 AM
David0413
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Schnave
In this thread, Laki021 and I discussed this. He also was disappointed with the poor representation in the PCM.

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...connect-4.html

​​​​
He posted images of his Quartzite Gray GTS Coupé in the PCM, My Porsche, and actual vehicle.

Thats strange. I also have a GTS Coupe but my PCM screen shows a Turbo Coupe with the 22in 911 wheels. Both are wrong but Id rather have it show a Turbo than a Base with those wheels although Im not sure why ours show differently
Old 09-07-2023, 02:47 AM
Shred
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks for the replies.
i think the dealer messed up also reflects on the car image having the double tail pipe instead of the standard rectangle one.

and btw, my gear stick broke too. The cheap plastic just broke off.

Quick Reply: PCM Car Image