Sponsored By:

The dreaded Yellow Battery Light

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2023, 08:06 AM
Cayenneboy
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default The dreaded Yellow Battery Light

Hey guys , went away for a few weeks , came back and started the cayenne , got the yellow battery light in the dash . I bought a ctek charger , plugged it in . It started charging , went back to check about 5 minutes later , the charger was hot , and not charging. Looks like it won’t acknowledge the charger hooked up .

question
1) is the ctek charger different from the Porsche one .
2) if I disconnect the battery from the truck will it start charging ,

I have tried the reset on the charger but no luck

Also I have read the thread posted on the forum but it’s a lot of 2 word responses that don’t help the problem .

Thanks

didn’t know owning a cayenne was like a high maintenance chick , god dam !

Old 08-30-2023, 04:27 PM
sikest
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Exact same conditions for my 2019. Dealer updated the firmware on the battery control module and it's been fine ever since.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...13077-0001.pdf...

Does not answer your ctek charger question, but is likely the issue with the yellow light. Was a no charge fix and the yellow light has been off for 6 months.

Last edited by sikest; 08-30-2023 at 04:28 PM.
Old 08-30-2023, 11:46 PM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

Received 366 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by Cayenneboy
Hey guys , went away for a few weeks , came back and started the cayenne , got the yellow battery light in the dash . I bought a ctek charger , plugged it in . It started charging , went back to check about 5 minutes later , the charger was hot , and not charging. Looks like it won’t acknowledge the charger hooked up .

question
1) is the ctek charger different from the Porsche one .
2) if I disconnect the battery from the truck will it start charging ,

I have tried the reset on the charger but no luck

Also I have read the thread posted on the forum but it’s a lot of 2 word responses that don’t help the problem .

Thanks

didn’t know owning a cayenne was like a high maintenance chick , god dam !

The only difference I see is that my Porsche charger is 5.0 amps. but that shouldn't matter..
Old 08-31-2023, 12:16 AM
drcollie
Rennlist Member

Received 4,323 Likes on 1,510 Posts

Some questions

1) is your Cayenne totally dead. That is, nothing comes on when you cycle the key?
2) Do you have rear wheel steering which means you have the li-po battery .....

Old 08-31-2023, 12:08 PM
Mbiondo
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

I have this same CTEK charger for my 2019. Works fine, as it should.
Old 09-04-2023, 05:36 PM
rjk25
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

The yellow battery warning light came on. I already had the software update done over a year ago, which had the warning light go away till now. Car starts fine, is it that only the dealer can clear this warning light, or can a scanner like icarsoft do a reset. I never thought I would have so many issues with a Porsche.
Old 09-04-2023, 06:09 PM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rjk25
The yellow battery warning light came on. I already had the software update done over a year ago, which had the warning light go away till now. Car starts fine, is it that only the dealer can clear this warning light, or can a scanner like icarsoft do a reset. I never thought I would have so many issues with a Porsche.
Have you use the Porsche or Ctek battery charger to see if your battery charge is just low and to fully charge it before resetting the error?

I would expect that the error code would be an OBDII error code and could be reset with any decent tool..

The following users liked this post:
chassis (09-04-2023)
Old 09-06-2023, 08:31 AM
Cayenneboy
Intermediate

Update , called the dealer , tryed to get warranty on the battery under emissions because of the start stop feature , they said no . Found a local guy who reprogrammed the battery , lights gone . Can wait for next week to see what might come up , love these trucks , but damn high fn maintenance
Old 09-06-2023, 09:33 AM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

Update , called the dealer , tryed to get warranty on the battery under emissions because of the start stop feature , they said no . Found a local guy who reprogrammed the battery , lights gone . Can wait for next week to see what might come up , love these trucks , but damn high fn maintenance
Did he re-registered the battery? did he just cleared the error code? or did he programmed the battery internal codes.?
Old 09-06-2023, 09:59 AM
Cayenneboy
Intermediate

2 hour process, programmed to the truck , cleared the error , cleared internal codes . She good
George718 (09-06-2023)
Old 09-06-2023, 12:38 PM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

2 hour process, programmed to the truck , cleared the error , cleared internal codes . She good
Clearing the error codes just takes 15 minutes max, I guess the whole experience was 2 hours counting the needed associated diligence checks?
George718 (09-06-2023)
Old 09-06-2023, 02:44 PM
George718
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Somebody on here mentioned that he was able to get it covered under emissions.....I wasn't able to either....

Quick Reply: The dreaded Yellow Battery Light