Sponsored By:

ACC Failure while hauling

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2023, 09:05 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Received 2,246 Likes on 1,140 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. G7
And you think Porsche cares? My Cayenne, after strike three, they offered a buyback. At a generous $20K less than market value.

Remember Porsche (VW) is the same company that created, funded and made operational a separate engineering division for emissions defeats.
If you have a lemon claim, the buyback follows a formula. Very doubtful that value would be 20k less than the market value. Was it the dealer making the offer or PCNA?
Old 05-07-2024, 11:32 AM
ctguy
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Ugh so I picked up a 5x8 U-Haul cargo trailer yesterday.

Today I drove downtown (unhitched) and saw this the ACC error for the first time. And I just realized how much I rely on it.

Especially so for road trips. I'm planning an 8 hr drive to the FL keys this weekend and can't imagine being without it to reduce fatigue at the wheel.

Today I drove downtown (unhitched) and saw this the ACC error for the first time. And I just realized how much I rely on it.

Especially so for road trips. I'm planning an 8 hr drive to the FL keys this weekend and can't imagine being without it to reduce fatigue at the wheel.

Reading others forums members dealer experience not giving me much hope. Has there been any newer fixes or updates?
Old 05-07-2024, 12:51 PM
justabout
Rennlist Member

Received 312 Likes on 227 Posts

Get a bunch of folks together and send a letter to PCNA that requests a refund for the cost of the option and have them convert the cruise control back to non ACC mode.

If they see enough complaints, it should get their attention. To this point, they don’t seem concerned.
Old 05-07-2024, 01:39 PM
Woofman
Burning Brakes

Received 539 Likes on 332 Posts

Originally Posted by ctguy

Reading others forums members dealer experience not giving me much hope. Has there been any newer fixes or updates?
Did Porsche ever deploy the software update mentioned in the service bulletin that @Schnave provided in post #10? If so, has your Cayenne received this software update? I assume that the Porsche dealership would be able to tell by reviewing your vehicle history.

Is it possible to revert to non-adaptive cruise control when ACC on a Porsche fails? That's easy to do on some brands (e.g. Toyota, Lexus) but I've not seen a procedure for Porsche.
Old 05-07-2024, 03:36 PM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

Received 346 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by ctguy

I have that random ACC issue since brand new and is kind of often and for no reason, most of the time it resets after restarting the engine..

My latest thought is that something overheats and shuts down, more when there is a lot of traffic around and is activated a lot.

Porsche dealer warranty is worthless once the vehicle is bought.. and, if you don't have warranty anymore, they will be happy to charge you 10's of hours for labor and still find nothing..

The following users liked this post:
ctguy (05-07-2024)
Old 05-07-2024, 04:12 PM
ctguy
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheACC
I have that random ACC issue since brand new and is kind of often and for no reason, most of the time it resets after restarting the engine..
Yeah ! So of course it's back to normal again now 😆. Random indeed
Old 05-07-2024, 04:56 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,223 Likes on 602 Posts

My ACC stops working even with an empty bike rack on air suspension, so with absolutely no squat. I think it might be because the rack is blocking some sensors.
Old 05-07-2024, 05:52 PM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
My ACC stops working even with an empty bike rack on air suspension, so with absolutely no squat. I think it might be because the rack is blocking some sensors.
As a matter of fact, I had the ACC warning popup today while going to lunch with my wife.. After lunch, and starting the engine again, the error was gone.

It is a sunny hot day, no rain, no towing, nothing.. It just poped up, and it can be weeks before the next one or days..

Almost 100,000 miles put on my 2019 Cayenne S, and I had that same ACC warning popup, when I first bought my brand new Cayenne S in Florida, and drove back to Houston for the first time.

It seems to happen more often when it is hot and driving in heavier traffic.

Old 05-07-2024, 06:43 PM
Kendo67
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Had this pop up on my Coupe last weekend , whilst chauffeuring the wife and two of her friends from the pub.

Never gave it much thought until this post , there are two possible solutions :

Re-calibrate the sensor or wifey can get lighter friends.

K
Old 05-07-2024, 06:59 PM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Kendo67
Had this pop up on my Coupe last weekend , whilst chauffeuring the wife and two of her friends from the pub.

Never gave it much thought until this post , there are two possible solutions :

Re-calibrate the sensor or wifey can get lighter friends.

K
Choose your words wisely while explaining your wife about the ACC issue and her friends.. She can go from wifey to wolfey before you can blink once.. :-)

Though, the Cayenne is a good place to sleep for a couple of nights.. Though, Porsche should add better accessories for those random misspoken cases..

The following users liked this post:
Kendo67 (05-07-2024)

Quick Reply: ACC Failure while hauling