Notices
Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - 3rd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2027? Cayenne / Macan / Audi e-Mules - maybe? Spy Shot pics included.

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2023, 11:31 AM
fishpick
Track Day

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 2027? Cayenne / Macan / Audi e-Mules - maybe? Spy Shot pics included.

This post might be old news or boring to some - but being from Western NY - I have NEVER seen a real mule car in my life - so this was crazy exciting at our hotel last night outside Houston TX in Baytown on 8/4-8/5.

100% these were Porsche mules as everyone in the testing group at the testing hotel spoke German - and when I got a glimpse of the interior of the 2 unwrapped Cayennes - they had Porsche steering wheels. The fully wrapped ones - they covered up fast anytime I got near them. I did get a glimpse inside one of the fully wrapped ones - and things were ROUGH in there - but I can tell you the entire dash is flat panel screens.

The wrapped SUV body styles were electric - no emissions unless they are hybrid and the tail pipes are up under them and thye were just running on battery near the hotel. The unwrapped ones were all taped up body parts (if you look closely) and there was a lot of "fan noise" - I can't tell you if it was idling or just a cooling fan that was LOUD. The rear tailpipes were fake chrome shapes - nothing inside them but plastic.

I have no idea what the wrapped sedan is with them. That is a frunk.

The drivers were not thrilled I was taking pictures at all.

There were 2 pairs of SUV's the wrapped and unwrapped but all taped together - and the wrapped sedan.

Another pic of the pair (and unknown wrapped sedan)

Front quarter shot of the wrapped sedan. Inside was all flat panel electronic dash - lots of panels.

Here's a wrapped and unwrapped pair. The unwrapped one was all taped together. That one had the traditional Porsche steering wheel in it - before the driver flipped the cover over it!

Those chrome things o nthe rear bumper are not exhaust - although there was a lot of fan noise. The wrapped one is 100% EV, the black one I think was too - no pipes - but like I said - lots of fan noise.

Last edited by fishpick; 08-05-2023 at 12:00 PM. Reason: better title and details on pics
Old 08-05-2023, 11:38 AM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 786 Likes on 563 Posts

Looks like the new electric Macan and an electric Audi. Get any pictures of the dash?

I could never spot a Mule, I'd be taking photos of every inch, taking pics of the inside. Maybe even unwrapping it a bit.
Old 08-05-2023, 11:51 AM
fishpick
Track Day

Originally Posted by Shuga
Looks like the new electric Macan and an electric Audi. Get any pictures of the dash?

I could never spot a Mule, I'd be taking photos of every inch, taking pics of the inside. Maybe even unwrapping it a bit.
The crew was not super thrilled at my endless attention... Like there was a little bit of body blocking for some pics and when I'd get closer... At night they had covers over them and I figured someone hiding in a shrub!

The Audi theory is REALLY good to be honest - the headlights don't match "Porsche" design... AND - there was a big rectangle under the wrap in the middle of the hood that would cover the Audi logo... I actually thought it was a Chevy at first - those tail lights look like that "pseudo Lambo" shape they have on the Blazer, C8 and Camaro - and the rectangle logo cover hade me going in that direction... until the black ones rolled in and then they all started talking last night in German - and I was like "pretty sure that's not GM"

I thought maybe Cayenne simply because I googled the headlights and there was a YouTube thumbnail of that headlight on the black one listed as a Cayenne...

And - admittedly - I'm more a 911 guy and can't ID the Porsche SUV's as well...
Old 08-05-2023, 11:55 AM
fishpick
Track Day

Originally Posted by Shuga
Get any pictures of the dash?
Nope - I got a "glimpse" once - and after you said Audi - looked at some Audi dash pics - and it was SUPER close (although not the same) as the current Q7. They would flip the covers down anytime I got near.

One time the guy outside yelled something in German to the driver when I was trying to seank around from the far side - and he immediately flipped the covers down.
Old 08-05-2023, 02:41 PM
Street King
AutoX

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

This is the new Audi Q6 and the next Macan EV with fake exhaust
The following users liked this post:
fishpick (08-05-2023)
Old 08-05-2023, 04:19 PM
GT3ZZZ
Racer

Received 154 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Street King
This is the new Audi Q6 and the next Macan EV with fake exhaust
Agreed, my take too.
The following users liked this post:
fishpick (08-05-2023)

Quick Reply: 2027? Cayenne / Macan / Audi e-Mules - maybe? Spy Shot pics included.