Notices
Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - 3rd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

porsche cayenne s coupe mode vs cayenne coupe driving modes ‘Sport'/‘Sport Plus’

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2023, 11:10 AM
vanv
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question porsche cayenne s coupe mode vs cayenne coupe driving modes ‘Sport'/‘Sport Plus’

porsche cayenne s coupe mode vs cayenne coupe driving modes ‘Sport' or ‘Sport Plus,’ is the difference noticeable and what would be more economic fuel-wise?
Old 07-06-2023, 12:04 PM
rajatparihar
Racer

Received 159 Likes on 113 Posts

If you are talking about 2024 S then obviously you are comparing the v8 with v6 and S will be less economical comparing to base in any mode ?(Sports or Sports plus)
Old 07-06-2023, 02:38 PM
mk85911
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by rajatparihar
If you are talking about 2024 S then obviously you are comparing the v8 with v6 and S will be less economical comparing to base in any mode ?(Sports or Sports plus)
i am going to go out on a limb here and say, maybe not, at least in certain circumstances. The reason I’m saying this is cylinder on demand technology in the EA825 V8 engines in the new S could make a difference . I first started thinking along this line when I noticed that the EPA milage numbers on a couple of .1 base loaners were not as high as the EPA numbers for my 2018 Audi S8 Plus, which has the earlier EA824 engine with COD, and is rated at a mind blowing 605 HP. The real world milage numbers for the S8 are very good when I don’t go crazy. The weight of those vehicles were similar, in fact the base Cayennes were probably a little lighter, but each used the ZF8 transmission, and I believe that the EPA was using the same methodology during the relevant time frame. I would expect the CD to be a bit worse for the Cayenne, but I’m just guessing on that.

And my S8 doesn’t even have stop/start to help out its’ numbers!

Mike

Last edited by mk85911; 07-06-2023 at 02:55 PM.

Quick Reply: porsche cayenne s coupe mode vs cayenne coupe driving modes ‘Sport'/‘Sport Plus’