Sponsored By:

2019 Cayenne Lithium battery failure

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2024, 11:33 PM
kingstone
Cruisin'

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheACC
Congratulations on your research, and your will to share this key battery solution that afflicts so many Porsche owners.!!

Not to mention Porsche's greedy multi-thousand dollar profiteering on defective battery parts, labor, and programming..

Keep us posted. I will be installing that solution as soon as it is available..

best regards..
Yea thanks! And I did it! So far it works perfectly, the battery error message is gone and all systems go as normal including start-stop. I will continue to test it for a while, and if there are no problems, I will write a special post to introduce my experience to everyone!

Last edited by kingstone; 03-22-2024 at 11:35 PM. Reason: missing quote
The following 4 users liked this post by kingstone:
bpcmd (03-23-2024), Oldboy52 (03-23-2024), PorscheACC (03-23-2024), Vapordan (03-26-2024)
Old 03-23-2024, 03:09 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 985 Likes on 546 Posts

Originally Posted by kingstone
Yea thanks! And I did it! So far it works perfectly, the battery error message is gone and all systems go as normal including start-stop. I will continue to test it for a while, and if there are no problems, I will write a special post to introduce my experience to everyone!
Can you show images of what you bought and that you recieved? I was interested in what you wrote below...

What is needed is a modified negative lead, and an autoprogrammer to overwrite the code. I
I assume the Modified Negative Lead, it something similar to swapping out the Lithium Neg Ground strap to one from an AGM equipped Car.... but I wondering more about the Autoprogrammer to over-write the code. Is that something that is included in the kit you bought? Is it a little black box that connects to the terminals like they use on solutions for this type of thing in othere types of Cars such as McLaren where you can get a black box to allow a swap of any battery into a McLaren?
Old 04-27-2024, 04:15 PM
kingstone
Cruisin'

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Antigravity
Can you show images of what you bought and that you recieved? I was interested in what you wrote below...

I assume the Modified Negative Lead, it something similar to swapping out the Lithium Neg Ground strap to one from an AGM equipped Car.... but I wondering more about the Autoprogrammer to over-write the code. Is that something that is included in the kit you bought? Is it a little black box that connects to the terminals like they use on solutions for this type of thing in othere types of Cars such as McLaren where you can get a black box to allow a swap of any battery into a McLaren?
​​​​​

Actually, the OBD Programmer is a blue box. What matters is I think it could be a microcontroller or something similar. I have post a whole story about this you may be interested in:
https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...l#post19408056

And here is the website I built recently introduced the kit in detail:
https://www.allbuylow-autoparts.com/

Last edited by kingstone; 04-27-2024 at 04:17 PM. Reason: missing quote
Old 04-29-2024, 08:15 PM
Vapordan
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 68 Posts

Phew. Now the worst part of the cayenne has a fix. Back to work folks, nothing to see here!
Old 04-29-2024, 10:46 PM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

Received 318 Likes on 236 Posts

Actually, the OBD Programmer is a blue box. What matters is I think it could be a microcontroller or something similar. I have post a whole story about this you may be interested in:
https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...l#post19408056

And here is the website I built recently introduced the kit in detail:
https://www.allbuylow-autoparts.com/
Antigravity, so what type/model/price of Lithium battery that you sell will work for the Cayenne when we program our vehicle and install this kit.?

What's the life expectancy of the latter Antigravity battery on the Cayenne?

thanks..
Old 04-30-2024, 12:12 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by PorscheACC
Antigravity, so what type/model/price of Lithium battery that you sell will work for the Cayenne when we program our vehicle and install this kit.?

What's the life expectancy of the latter Antigravity battery on the Cayenne?

thanks..
We make an H7 size in 60Amp Hour Model that would be a great fit and is used in alot of SUVs currently. When we do our sales on Renn its about $890. The lightweight wont be as beneficial in Cayenne as compared to the 911s, but the RE-START and longevity is what is drawing the customers in that segment. Typical life should be around 8+ years.

If the kit works you will be able to use AGM or even the Porsche or Aftermarket Lithium Batteries like ours. So that is cool, but I'm still a little on the fence from the perspective of the Porsche Dealers and what they might say. We have dealt with the silly nonsense from Porsche Dealers for YEARS saying our battery won't work in Porsches and other utter falsehoods they love to tell Customers against anything aftermarket. They can't say anything to us because we use the same Lithium Cells they do for their cars, yet they continue at dealerships to claim it won't work. They also will tell you "it voids your warranty" which is another falsehood. So a word of advice, just make clear you are not doing something with the new kit that will have Porsche saying it screws up your Cayenne's or overrides a built in system. I bring this up for Kingstone and others, test the product, see if it changes anything Porsche has done, or overrides something... because the Porsche dealers will always blame any aftermarket product for any issues. Being blunt, we were offered a kit like this for the McLarens and Porsches, but didn't want to bring it in only because if anything goes wrong the customer will blame us or Porsche will blame us so we stayed out of that side of the game and let other companies deal with that side. I know the McLaren one is working on that side. But you will only hear us say....." change the Ground Cable..." because that stays in the Porsche domain so they can't say you messed with their system. But great if it works.

Last edited by Antigravity; 04-30-2024 at 01:49 PM.
Old 05-13-2024, 11:58 PM
Visceral
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 113 Posts

When we do our sales on Renn its about $890.
Is there a sale planned soon? I have the need for a couple. I'm disappointed, but not surprised, that my new GT4RS has a big AGM lump in it.
Old 05-14-2024, 11:45 AM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Visceral
Is there a sale planned soon? I have the need for a couple. I'm disappointed, but not surprised, that my new GT4RS has a big AGM lump in it.
We should be having an event coming up here over Memorial weekend.

Quick Reply: 2019 Cayenne Lithium battery failure