Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

PCM Gone Wild

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2023, 12:27 PM
LDT
Burning Brakes

Received 531 Likes on 380 Posts

Quick status.........as stated above battery voltage well within normal values both b/4 starting and while engine is running. The one warning I do not have is low battery warning. All the others state "driving permitted....visit workshop". My Indy mechanic is putting the finishing touches on his new shop and will be up and running early next week. Porsche dealer gave me 7/10 appointment with a loaner but I'm trying to see if they will let me stop by to have the codes read. Auto Zone code reader will only read CEL and I don't have that. Besides which, the two guys I spoke to there don't seem to have much of an automotive IQ. Car drives fine except that none of the driver assistance options work (LKA, ACC, start/stop, etc.). "Low brake fluid" warning still appearing but it's NOT low. I'll put my CTEK charger on it tonight just to make sure the battery has a full charge. More to come.
The following users liked this post:
chassis (06-08-2023)
Old 06-08-2023, 12:30 PM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,531 Likes on 1,116 Posts

Originally Posted by LDT
Quick status.........as stated above battery voltage well within normal values both b/4 starting and while engine is running. The one warning I do not have is low battery warning. All the others state "driving permitted....visit workshop". My Indy mechanic is putting the finishing touches on his new shop and will be up and running early next week. Porsche dealer gave me 7/10 appointment with a loaner but I'm trying to see if they will let me stop by to have the codes read. Auto Zone code reader will only read CEL and I don't have that. Besides which, the two guys I spoke to there don't seem to have much of an automotive IQ. Car drives fine except that none of the driver assistance options work (LKA, ACC, start/stop, etc.). "Low brake fluid" warning still appearing but it's NOT low. I'll put my CTEK charger on it tonight just to make sure the battery has a full charge. More to come.
Did the Autozone boys read codes or not?

Stored codes are equally as informative as “current” or “active” codes with or without CEL. I would get codes read, any retail place can do this. Walmart auto shop, Costco, oreillys etc.
Old 06-08-2023, 05:35 PM
LDT
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by chassis
Did the Autozone boys read codes or not?

Stored codes are equally as informative as “current” or “active” codes with or without CEL. I would get codes read, any retail place can do this. Walmart auto shop, Costco, oreillys etc.
Given that some of this stuff is safety related, Porsche Hilton Head agreed to appointment on Monday 8am and provide a loaner. Stay tuned.

Last edited by LDT; 06-08-2023 at 05:36 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by LDT:
chassis (06-08-2023), FlyPenFly (06-09-2023)
Old 06-09-2023, 11:18 AM
function12
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by TikiLou
3 week wait for a new battery?! Wow. Why so expensive?!
It is some special li-ion battery with charging hardware build on top of it. Very few dealers carry them in stock and have to be ordered from the motherland. Battery itself is around ~$2600 and then you have labor. PURE BS!!!
The following users liked this post:
chassis (06-09-2023)
Old 06-12-2023, 03:45 PM
LDT
Burning Brakes

Update: See diagnosis from Porsche Hilton Head. Apparently the "Stop Light Switch" is causing the warning lights. Part ordered and should be here by end of week. Covered under warranty. Brake lights work along with everything else except the driver assistance features. Car is deemed 'Safe to drive" by the technician. First Class service from this dealer and assuming the diagnosis is correct all is well. Battery checks out just fine. See below

Last edited by LDT; 06-12-2023 at 03:47 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by LDT:
chassis (06-12-2023), function12 (06-14-2023), Schnave (06-12-2023)

Quick Reply: PCM Gone Wild